Need help.

Hi,

i managed to get an improvement on my FPS, when i start playing…i get 40FPS maximum and after 10 mins i start to get 25-15 again.
Any help?

I know it’s alpha but maybe there are some launch commands for steam that make my game run smooth maybe 40-50 fps?

Thanks

Specs plz? :slight_smile:

grass.on False
grass.forceredraw False
grass.displacement False
grass.disp_trail_seconds 1
grass.shadowcast False
grass.shadowreceive False
gfx.ssaa False
gfx.bloom False
gfx.grain False
gfx.ssao False
gfx.shafts False
gfx.tonemap False

you will need to type these in 1 by 1, after your done type config.save so it saves the changes to your config file. Enjoy less lag and better FPS :slight_smile: If you want to test it out for awhile without committing it to your config file just don’t run config.save. However everytime you enter rust you will need to type them out again.

i5 3210 2.50ghz (turbo boost 3.10ghz)
win 7 64bit ultimate
6gb ram
amd radeon 7670m 1gb and intel hd4000
1TB HDD

[editline]12th March 2014[/editline]

Thanks alot, i will give it a try and come back to you! :wink:

Forgot to mention, you do this in the F1 console encase you didn’t know :slight_smile:

Ok!

[editline]12th March 2014[/editline]

Yep, it’s literally no difference at all.

Really no FPS gain?

Maybe 2FPS

Jeez, I don’t know then, that’s everything I could find that can be turned off to help with graphics. The only other thing I can think of is drop your resolution or graphics settings maybe???

Hopefully someone else may have an answer for you.

Dunno if i’m allowed to post this, but if it’s wrong I’ll take it down:

download CFF explorer and check the RUST.exe settings to make sure that the application is utilizing all your ram. (check the box under file settings in CFF explorer that says, "application can handle >2gb address set)

My terminology might not be word for word, so please check a youtube tutorial to make sure you change the correct settings, and before you do ANYTHING to the RUST.exe application, save a backup somewhere. I’d link everything/double check my terminology but I’m at work :frowning:

Sounds like you may be over-heating.