Need ideas to train myself

So I’ve been doing models for about a year an a half but I haven’t really made any models for at least a months since I don’t know what to do… If anyone could give me some ideas on what to model, I’d be really thankful!
Thanks a lot!

Anyone please?

model a person from a photo reference. or find a concept sheet on deviantart or something similar and model that.

also, 3 hours between posts is not very long.

I’m new here so I’m not really familiar with how long it takes to get a reply.

Thanks for the suggestions :wink:

It can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours at minimum, so don’t worry about it. Sometimes it even takes a few days. It’s generally noted that if it takes more than two weeks to get a response, either people aren’t interested or they don’t have a response to provide.

Thanks for the info!
Do YOU have any ideas for me? :wink:

Model from this concept art:

I do, but I’m afraid the only reference images I can find for them are either extremely blurry or extremely small. However, assuming that’s not a problem, I would suggest trying to re-create a few weapons from the Dynasty Warriors series. A few in particular I’d suggest would be Guan Ping’s giant blade and young dragon weapons, and the rune blade weapon. I wish I could find better reference images, but these are sadly all I have to go by.

The best way for you to go about this would probably be to come up with something you want to make on your own. People can suggest ideas, but those ideas probably come from their own tastes. Why not browse art you enjoy for ideas or replay a game / re-watch a movie you thought looked cool? Surely there’s something out there you find interesting and want to remake for the hell of it.

Thanks for the suggestions! I looked up some weapon from Dynasty Warriors and there are some really cool ones!
I’ve done this: https://sketchfab.com/models/abd4febbddb048038dfb37c78686285a
Based on this:

Any though about it? :slight_smile:

Not too shabby. Comparing your model to the image, the handle segment seems a bit too thick towards the base, as well as a bit too long. The blade segments also seem a bit short in comparison to the image there. Other than that, it’s pretty good.

Yeah I wasn’t too sure about the sizes.