Need to see a configured shared.lua file from DarkRP.

I am not asking for your opinion on DarkRP I am simply asking to see the part where custom jobs are because I am having a lot of problems coding them in. I tried numerous files from garrysmod.org and I went to the wiki but I have made no progress on actually getting a new class to work.

If anybody has a modified shared.lua file (the one with the jobs in it) then may I see it? I need to see if it differs from mine much.

I own the most up-to-date version of DarkRP via SVN and have reverted the shared.lua back to vanilla state.

If there is anything else you would like to know please ask.

Thanks in advance.

Look in the data file, thats the only place I would think a Jobs file would be.

I know where the jobs file is, I am asking if somebody could help me out creating a new class with DarkRP preferably by letting me see their shared.lua file because I have no idea how to do it.

I thought it was fairly well documented. But you could just take one of the jobs that are already in it.

[lua]

HOW TO MAKE AN EXTRA CLASS!!!

You can make extra classes here. Set everything up here and the rest will be done for you! no more editing 100 files without knowing what you’re doing!!!
Ok here’s how:

To make an extra class do this:
AddExtraTeam( “<NAME OF THE CLASS>”, Color(<red>, <Green>, <blue>, 255), “<Player model>” , [[<the description(it can have enters)>]], { “<first extra weapon>”,"<second extra weapon>", etc…}, “<chat command to become it(WITHOUT THE /!)>”, <maximum amount of this team> <the salary he gets>, 0/1/2 = public /admin only / superadmin only, <1/0/true/false Do you have to vote to become it>, true/false DOES THIS TEAM HAVE A GUN LICENSE?, TEAM: Which team you need to be to become this team)

The real example is here: it’s the Hobo: */

–VAR without /!!! The name the color(what you see in tab) the player model The description
TEAM_HOBO = AddExtraTeam(“Hobo”, Color(80, 45, 0, 255), “models/player/corpse1.mdl”, [[The lowest member of society. All people see you laugh.
You have no home.
Beg for your food and money
Sing for everyone who passes to get money
Make your own wooden home somewhere in a corner or
outside someone else’s door]], {“weapon_bugbait”}, “hobo”, 5, 0, 0, false)
//No extra weapons say /hobo to become hobo Maximum hobo’s = 5 his salary = 0 because hobo’s don’t earn money. 0 = everyone can become hobo , false = you don’t have to vote to become hobo
// MAKE SURE THAT THERE IS NO / IN THE TEAM NAME OR IN THE TEAM COMMAND:
// TEAM_/DUDE IS WROOOOOONG !!!
// HAVING “/dude” IN THE COMMAND FIELD IS WROOOOOOOONG!!!
//ADD TEAMS UNDER THIS LINE:
[/lua]

Note: This is right out of the shared.lua from the DarkRP SVN

Yeah the thing is when I add a job under:

//ADD TEAMS UNDER THIS LINE:

<New job written badly here>

It doesn’t work for some reason, I have done exactly as it tells me to as far as I am aware but the class doesn’t actually appear in game. I am not sure why exactly but I think it is because I am shit a lua.

Well lets see what you have so we can help fix it.

Oh wait I found out the problem, I downloaded a program called Notepad++ and now the problem is clear as day.

I used to write jobs as such using normal Notepad:

//ADD TEAMS UNDER THIS LINE:/*

TEAM_BUILDER etc etc

But now I am using Notepad++ I can see that the problem is here:

//ADD EXTRA TEAMS UNDER THIS LINE:

TEAM_BUILDER etc etc

/*