A friend and i often discuss what is needed in rust to secure a player base despite having to restart continuously from scratch, Feeling like you have accomplished nothing at all.
I believe a ranking/points/rewards system is essential for rust for the following reasons:
- To achieve a sense of accomplishment and purpose
- Add further competitive aspects to encourage people to play more
- Reward time & effort
- Add DEPTH to the story
The system can vary from:
- Points/cosmetic rewards store (Such as better starting skins, novelty items)
- Achievement system (e.g 500 kills, 100 allies made, 2500+ boxes looted) which can unlock titles/features
- Ranking system which can just list successful raiders/best k/d ratio etc
These are all just suggestions off the top of my head as to what i think this game is lacking. I no longer play rust because there is no real “Purpose” to doing so.
It sounds stupid but if im not unlocking something,working towards a goal or customizing my game experience it feels pointless, especially if im starting over every week.
Unfortunately this is the mind set shared by everyone i have talked to and i thought i would post this to maybe help prevent this game from dying out due to its peeled back experience.
[editline]16th May 2014[/editline]
Also i would like to add this suggestion isn’t for those examples i have listed,
It is a suggestion for anything similar to help stimulate the same competitiveness/dedicated player base.