Netchannel: unknown net message (45) from <IP>

Hi everyone,

I started receiving an error on my client reading “Netchannel: unknown net message (45) from <IP>”, where <IP> is my computer’s LAN address. This only happens on a game mode I am working on, but as far as I can tell, this message became persistent ever since I attempted updating my server to see if I could fix the previously intermittent issue.

Because that failed, I later tried appending the -verify_all parameter, which messed things up further: Upon restarting my server, an error popped up, window title “srcds.exe - Bad Image”, with the body reading <path_to_server_folder>"\orangebox\garrysmod\bin\game_shader_generic_garrysmod.dylib is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support". If I run the update again, the error goes away, I can start my server, and my client will receive the first mentioned error message.

Despite the two problems flip flopping every time I update the server, one thing stays the same: hldsupdatetool ALWAYS tried to update the files in orangebox\bin, thinking they are stale.

Does anyone know how I can troubleshoot this error?

did you ever resolve this? i am having the exact same problem

update your gmod or snip your post if you can’t

Uh oh, this is probably going to be one of those threads that pops up everywhere without a solution to it… I honestly can’t remember with this being over a year ago, most likely the problem resolved its self after some time. Try doing what I did and update your server with -verify_all, chances are I was just experiencing a fluke at the time.

Really? I vaguely remember some kind of glitch a while back that had to do with netmessages and I thought this was it. Since he’s replying to it a year later I thought he may have pirated the game.

That’s probably true, so updating may not work :stuck_out_tongue:

I mean, why pirate garry’s mod… It’s basically $4.99 on steam half of the year.