New GameMode - Paros Life

Hello There!

This is the first post i’m making about this brand new and upcoming gamemode and map we are working on! More details will be released on both here and on the steam group in the future. Its gonna be a huge map and its going to be a cross between DarkRP and Arma 3 Altis Life Mod. There are going to be three teams.

1. Civilians - Can Do Anything They Want!
  2. Police - Strict White List Feature - Will have To Apply On The Forums
  3. Medics - Purchasable Medic License

2 Major Cities
A handful of villages
Purchasable Houses

Features Planned:
Drugs (Illegal)- 3 Stages Extraction Processing And Selling In 3 Different Locations:
–Cocaine
–Meth
–Heroin
Natural Resources (Legal)- 3 Stages Extraction Processing And Selling In 3 Different Locations
–Wood
–Oil
–Iron
–Diamond

Will be a hardcore gamemode so when you die you will loose everything on your character!

There will a bunch of shops dotted around the area and a huge amount of ways to make money and plenty of ways to spend it.

It will be a huge and detailed map so transportation will only be achievable through a wide range of vehicles. The quickest way to getting from side to side will be going to the nearest airport and jumping onboard a commercial flight!

Storyline: Paros is a small Mediterranean island, it has always had a peaceful history however a huge civil war erupted to crush an unjust and corrupt government. The Island shattered into two, The original Paros government was pushed into the furthest reach of the island by the ever growing popularity of the Paros independence party. The Paros government constructed a great wall sealing them in. To insure the Paros Independence party didn’t loose control it constructed various military structures across the island. As the years passed and tensions subsided the structures where abandoned…. (More coming soon!)

We are looking for alpha testers and maybe a couple people with some experience scripting and map editing! If you’re one of those people please join our teamspeak for a chat! ts.electrumservers.com You gotta be experianced.

Be Sure To Join Our Group To Be Updated! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/electrumparoslife

Im really excited for this! I hope you are too! Please feel free to add suggestions. As I said more information and teasers will be posted until the launch day!

Get Hyped!

Did you make a brand new account just to post this?

Also, amazing gamemode idea. :goodjob:

OP is Anders. You are Anders. I smell multiple accounts. You scum…

Na Check the IPs if you can. This is the first Facepunch account I ever had

[editline]22nd December 2015[/editline]

Im guessing mods can only do that?

Proud to be apart of this community!
Great improvements, great community and I love being here for the new things.

Good work TRAnders, I’d love to see this and brilliant idea.

Sound’s like a gmod version of altis life.

Yup thats what we are aiming for :slight_smile:

Wish the best for you guys. Will be sure to check it out once it’s up.

Thanks IRyno :slight_smile: Yeah it’s gonna be a lot of work. But we have a dedicated team behind us!

Would you accept any coders or mappers atm? This seems really interesting to me and I am bored and willing to help.

Yeah pogh10 it would be great to have you on board! Join This ts and ask for me tomorrow some time! ts.electrumservers.com and be sure to join the steam group.

[editline]23rd December 2015[/editline]

Just saying to any one browsing please join our steam group http://steamcommunity.com/groups/electrumparoslife

It’s really nice to see so much support! and thanks for checking us out! I’m so exited :smiley:

2 major cities?
Multiple villages?

You think you can achieve that on source?
There is a reason most Garry’s Mod maps are small.

Well when I say major cities. I mean hubs, they are not going to be huge. We are also looking at the possibility of having multiple servers connecting map, so when a player reaches a border they change server. However this obviously has some drawbacks and issues.

Anyway we are in early development. Will be interesting to see where we end up :slight_smile:

I assume you are aware of the technical knowledge to pull off “multiple servers connecting map”? Do you have this knowledge yourself or do you plan on recruiting developers?

We have the knowledge to pull this off :slight_smile:

You ‘hired’ on scriptfodder. I doubt it.

I do believe I just read another “doesn’t actually know what they’re doing” “I want to make this huge great amazing thing. Here’s a vague description.”

It will be a huge and detailed map so transportation will only be achievable through a wide range of vehicles. The quickest way to getting from side to side will be going to the nearest airport and jumping onboard a commercial flight!
Land vehicles, sure. Commercial flights? Even implemented as a ‘buy menu / teleport’ function. A map in source can only be 627m/3~ and contain 4096 point entities, so you’ll end up doing multiple servers using multiple maps (which as Smithy expressed will not be easy (at all)). I also don’t know any commercial flights that offer to travel you a total of anything under 1KM, or even 10. Good luck.

Features Planned:
Drugs (Illegal)- 3 Stages Extraction Processing And Selling In 3 Different Locations:
–Cocaine
–Meth
–Heroin
Natural Resources (Legal)- 3 Stages Extraction Processing And Selling In 3 Different Locations
–Wood
–Oil
–Iron
–Diamond

All done in GMod before. I haven’t seen it implemented in any ‘valuable to the gameplay’ way yet, though. Again, good luck.

2 Major Cities
A handful of villages
Purchasable Houses

Can you map yourself or can you afford a mapper for 1 month+?

2. Police - Strict White List Feature - Will have To Apply On The Forums
Everyone loves applying to random forums.

There will a bunch of shops dotted around the area and a huge amount of ways to make money and plenty of ways to spend it.
Thank you for the very detailed explanation of shops and money earning.

Get Hyped!
Probably not.

Is this gonna be another huge gamemode that gets its overly detailed plans posted here but nothing ever done/released

Sometimes I come to this forum to remind myself why I stopped playing gmod.

Trust me we have the team in place :slight_smile: An incredibly experienced map creator and a incredibly knowledgeable coder.

Im just saying this is what we envision for our gamemode. Obviously things are going to work out differently than intended. I know its going to be incredibly tough, I know its going to take an incredibly long time but we are incredibly dedicated. I can assure you we are not a group of headstrong inexperienced children.