New patch is out!

Thoughts on new patch? edit:im too retarded to see they’ve added patch notes. There was no wipe there are still a ton of building on official servers.

Please, do tell!

Zombies are now Red colored wolves and bears. The AI act differently (bears will now run away if you shoot/hit them). Locked backpacks, craftable lockpicks 8 LQM and 5 Cloth. Workbenches cut crafting time to 1/3 the normal.

Also, haven’t seen it yet, but there may be new models implemented for resource nodes.

HA he wasn’t trolling after all (checked home page.)

Should be interesting. It didn’t mention if this meant servers wiped. Can anyone confirm yes or no, I can’t hop on just yet.

Home page doesn’t work

site down, could you post a changelog?

God I hope they fixed more than what they posted.

I haven’t heard anything about a game-wide wipe. It’ll be up to server owners to decide whether or not they require one.

@My above post - Damn I’m good, I hadn’t even seen the playrust site yet. Was just going off of what I’ve played in dev servers and seen on trello. :slight_smile:

Home page is under a heavy load obviously.

how much are the lockpicks to craft? also good to see they left this feature off by default

-Snip-
Someone else was faster

WHY THE FUCK TO REMOVE ZOMBIES?REALLY?ARE YOU SERIOUS?I BOUGHT THIS GAME FOR ZOMBIES.I PAID 20 FUCKING EUROS JUST FOR ZOMBIES AND YOU REMOVE THEM NICE RETARD FUCKS THANKS!!!

(User was permabanned for this post ("calling the developers retard fucks because you mistakingly thought this was a zombie game isn't very nice" - postal))

6th Feb Update (copied directly from www.playrust.com)

Zombies Were Removed
Yep. We did it. We decided we couldn’t hold off any longer. The longer we keep zombies in – the more complaints we’d get about removing them. We are forcing ourselves to deal with it. We are no longer a zombie survival game! They’ve been replaced with red bears and wolves. You hate them. We know. They’re just plugging a gap for now. All will be revvvealed.

Wildlife Was Improved

No longer exploitable by walking backwards

Fears hostile wildlife

Reacts to gunshots

Hostile wildlife retreats if it cannot find a path to you

Wildlife should not jump up and switch to random angles anymore

Removed white wolf

Resource Objects Were Improved

Added new models for wood & stone resources
Wood & stone resources change model to indicate their quantity
Added another stone resource – contains mostly stone
Other Changes
Fixed bugs with the level (such as rocks intersecting buildings)
The ‘oil tank’ area has been modified with cover
Workbenches make you craft faster when standing next to them
Added new player animations
Improved melee attack animations
Added locked backpacks and lockpicks test ( off by default )
When you die your backpack is locked for everyone else but you for a time
Someone else can use a lockpick tool to bypass this time
Lockpick tools are a default blueprint
You can’t use lockpicks on doors
The amount of time the backpack is locked for is per-server and can be set to 0
Footstep sounds will never play the same sound as the one previously played
Grass textures have been improved

next question, do the locked backpacks apply to hackers as well or are they pretty much exempt from that obstacle?

It would apply to everyone unless they leave it off. The locked backpack is off by default.

That being said, maybe hackers have a cheat to get around it, who knows

8 low quality metal + 5 cloth.

Can anyone test and see if hostile animals are indeed harder to kill? or their AI is still stupid :stuck_out_tongue: ?

To be honest i was hoping that bears at least would get a buff on their speed. It’s quite hard to imagine that a wolf and a bear run slower than you.

Rusty! What’s up man. Yeah it was a tongue-in-cheek way of saying this could backfire in that way :slight_smile:

Holly crap that is a steeeeeeeeep price for 1 lock pick. This is a 1 time use? If that’s the case I hope most servers are just leaving this setting to the default which is OFF