New pointshop Auto Config Maker!

Request: Can people please leave feed back or suggestions? It really helps to improve upon the program!

Pointshop Quick Config

INFO: YOU MUST RUN THIS IS ADMIN. IT WILL FAIL TO SAVE THE FILE OTHERWISE!

The whole purpose of this is to speed up the time of editing the files and adding items in pointshop

Hey guys im working on a small console program that pretty much makes the item code automatically rather than you having to go inside change everything
its just slow and boring. So this speeds up the process and creates the file for you so all you have to do is just add it in!

• What will be the features:

For now it will only be player model integrated so it only works to add player models but I’ll add the other categories later.

-Sets a specific Price
-Sets a specific Name
-Sets a specific Model directory
-Renames the lua file so you dont have to waste time renaming individual files
-Creates a point shop item under 6 seconds
-Multiple features such as admin only, player colour and more to come
-Adds the file to the Pointshop folder instantly (Wont be added yet)
-Choose whether its admin only
-Custom Check/ is the item donator only (wont be added yet)
-Create a new Category (Wont be added yet)
-Choose whether to add a hat, trail or model (Only supports Models for now!)
-In-app Instructions, examples and guidance to help you through if your new!
-Small file 12kb for version V1.2 quick download, No waiting time to open it doesn’t require much cpu or ram!
-Basic console app. To make things faster!

It works with _Undefined versions pointshop that is free on the forums just search it up!
All you got to do is type the name of the item in the program, the price and the model directory
a few quick steps and your done! This was originally just going to be for my personal use cause im lazy. Its quite pointless but saves a bit more time.

If you want to suggest anything to add post it and I’ll think about adding it.
Dont suggest anything that includes any buttons or visual things for the program because i’d rather stick it to more of a console app since
its much simpler looking and quicker.

Ill also accept suggestions for other scripts. Eg. A program that creates darkrp Jobs quickly (Although it already exists as websites)

If you would like the source leave a request!

[editline]29th June 2014[/editline]

Should save to your C:/ or Local Disk C named RENAMEME

Link:

YOU HAVE TO RUN IT AS ADMIN. Other wise it will not have permission to write the lua file under C:/ since you need admin rights for that path.

Changes V1.2
-Added an Icon for style :wink:
-It now renames the lua file to the name of your model instead of “RENAMEME”
-Added an option to set the player model colour (Leave it blank for default)
You will have to un-comment the custom player model colour in the lua file! I had to comment it out to prevent other issues for people who have may “accidently typed something and ended up breaking the
pointshop”

If you give me the proper format I’ll create it in a webtool within 24 hours?
Saves you some effort and saves a lot of people downloads (.exes are scary).

You could potentially get a thing that works inside GMod, if you had the right module or half the server owners knew how to change file extension and move file from one place to another.

Or change the way pointshop loads items.

You do realise that you can just make a REALLY descriptive text to point people where to place their files, right?

Agree with you there. What do you mean format?

How would you do that too? Really wanted to know XD

If your talking about the lua format heres the model code:

ITEM.Name = 'Kleiner'
ITEM.Price = 250
ITEM.Model = 'models/player/kleiner.mdl'

function ITEM:OnEquip(ply, modifications)
	if not ply._OldModel then
		ply._OldModel = ply:GetModel()
	end

timer.Simple(1, function() ply:SetModel(self.Model) end)
end

function ITEM:OnHolster(ply)
	if ply._OldModel then
		ply:SetModel(ply._OldModel)
	end
end

function ITEM:PlayerSetModel(ply)
	ply:SetModel(self.Model)
end

The text the generator should output. I have never used Pointshop before as I dislike to jump on the bandwagon. Give me the “template” that will be filled in by the generator, and I’ll make one within a few hours.

Only used pointshop since you just throw it in. Add 1 model pack and players gag for the models. Looks more of a brainwash addon to me :v:

ITEM.Name = 'Kleiner'
ITEM.Price = 250
ITEM.Model = 'models/player/kleiner.mdl'

function ITEM:OnEquip(ply, modifications)
	if not ply._OldModel then
		ply._OldModel = ply:GetModel()
	end

timer.Simple(1, function() ply:SetModel(self.Model) end)
end

function ITEM:OnHolster(ply)
	if ply._OldModel then
		ply:SetModel(ply._OldModel)
	end
end

function ITEM:PlayerSetModel(ply)
	ply:SetModel(self.Model)
end 

PQC

Uploaded it for anyone who wants to use the console app for now. 7kb Just something to use to make things quicker

Just follow the instructions it provided in the app

Side note:
Im going to be making more stuff like this. It’s just fun to make and helps some people out so let me know what anyone wants?

Looking at the amount of people having trouble downloading addons from the workshop, might as well do a 20 minute step by step tutorial.

Anyways, I’ll stop shitting up the thread now.

Im not sure if anyone else will get it but theres a bug I can’t seem to fix for now that doesn’t allow the program to place the file on my desktop if anyone does test this let me know if you have the same issue

Try running as administrator perhaps?

I was experimenting with creating files and that kinda stuff around a month ago, seemed to work fine for me.

I think I broke it. Though I’m still impressed.

Edit: Now that I actually read this it might be because I never ran this as Admin.

Tried doing that tried running both the application and vb.net as admin and I don’t work, it’s strange because I’ve never had this problem before… Checked my permissions for desktop and it’s all good don’t see why it won’t work. I may have to update it if others get this error and change it to go to my docs

Let me know if it works as admin, if not I’ll have to change the directory to my docs and see if that works.
It’s not broke, there’s just a problem with it creating a file into the desktop. I’ll fix this tomorrow

I just ran it as admin and I got the same thing

Ok thanks for letting me know I’ll either fix it now or after my 3 hours sleep for the night :v:

Hmmm got a big problem. for some reason I do not have file access through the console app to place the file anywhere on the system or computer. Weird. I tried coding another method of writing to a file somewhere and it still doesn’t work :o gonna try figure this out later

Pointshop Quick Config V1.1

Changelog:
-Fixed the bug where it failed to write the file to desktop
-The script will now be placed under C:/ or Local Disk C
-Re-Wrote a lot of the app

=========================================

I’m still not fully sure whether this works for MAC OSX

Link for the Latest Fixed Version!

YOU HAVE TO RUN IT AS ADMIN. Other wise it will not have access to place the file under C:/

I’m working on my own aswell, so far player models, trails and weapons work.
The others are harder due to different code for each, so I have to work out the best fix,
My program is really ugly, and I have some stuff added that aren’t being used yet.
https://www.mediafire.com/?kancccc7cetg7s3

I’m to lazy to rename it to something.
You shouldn’t need to run it as administrator.

Made it in like an hour, might be some bugs. Remember, only models, trails and weapons work for now.

Also, you should add some checks, because I wrote yes for admin only and it crashed :v:

For me I have to run it as admin, I think its the method of creating the file because I tried 2 other ways of writing in the file onto desktop local disk etc and access was denied to write there. Hmm I dont know anyway as long as it works im ok. Ill check yours out now. my code is pretty ugly, rushed it threw in some stuff here and there just so I could get it working to start with

Also I’m thinking about making a multi tool if your interested in working with me on that?
I made a post for it
Yeah ill add checks soon XD

Why make something users have to download while all they could possibly have to do is visit a website?
Yes, your solution might work if they don’t have internet, but who is going to manage their server without internet?

Because at the moment where are the websites that provide this? No-where. It is much easier to code a short app rather than going into html just to make a website for only 1 idea. Without internet you can still manage files. Add things items etc…

Also did you get round to doing the HTML version after?

Like I said, this would not even take me a hour or two to do this. I asked for all the information that pointshop needs. Is there only one template?