New problem in Rust

**I can not play the new Rust, a window appears with the following error ''rust launcher game error - shellexecute failed with code 5 ‘’

Anyone know how to solve this problem?**

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/10982112_457688861057741_2594346367244355204_o.jpg

If using windows 7, try running the game as administrator.

i’ve done this.

Hi,

In Steam\SteamApps\common\rust, right click the .exe properties for RustClient.exe and under ‘Compatibility’ -tab untick the checkbox for ‘Run as Administrator’. Also check that you are not running it in compatibility mode. After making this modification, click Apply and Ok, and then start the game again from Steam. Does it now launch for you?

This is a known issue and will be fixed shortly, sorry about that.

did not work, I hope the developers can repair this error, I’ll be waiting for it

These are my pc settings:
Windows 7 Ultimante
Processor: Intel ® Core ™ i3-3240 CPU @ 3.40ghz
Ram Memory: 4.00 GB
32bit operating system

From what I see, you’ve got just the bare minimum of RAM to even be running games. And you’re running a 32 bit operating system on a 64 bit CPU which is not doing you any favours in terms of performance. But I don’t think those should be preventing you from running the game.

Perhaps you should list what video card you’re using. That’s usually the most crucial part of the equation if you’ve met all the other minimum system specs.

I managed to open the Rust in the administrator, but when I enter it on a server of the following error ‘’ The game crashed 2015-04-15_140614 ‘’

I doubt you can even run the game with a dual-core and only 4gb ram. What GPU do you have?

I see I’ll have to go back to Rust legacy because it runs fine on my PC, and I believe that many play Rust Legacy by the fact run on their PCs

oh calm down, everyone is trying to help you here.

until the game is more polished, yeah, you might have to go back to legacy which has lower specs. currently experimental needs about 8bg upwards of ram and a decent graphics card to run at an average fps.

I log in rust, but I can not get in because crashes servers…
how do I solve this problem?

https://scontent-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t31.0-8/11102978_459282894231671_8280832300858766962_o.jpg

[editline]19th April 2015[/editline]

I can not enter the servers , the servers support the 32bit system? , lack only solve this problem so I can play Rust :frowning:

Hello LDSNEMO,
A while ago I had the same problem when I tried to use my older computer to play rust, which had very similar specs to the specs you posted above. the problem is that on 32 bit operating systems memory is very limited. the way I fixed this problem was by activating what is called a 3gb switch on the on the pc itself from the command prompt. this allows more ram for the user, while at the same time restricting the amount of memory for windows apps and such. the only problem with doing this is you usually need to turn the switch off before installing windows updates as it could possibly run out of memory while updating.
To activate run the command prompt as admin and type “bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 3072” then restart the pc, to deactivate “bcdedit /deletevalue IncreaseUserVa”

don’t know if this will help you, but it worked for me and I managed to play for a few weeks before upgrading my system to 64 bit and buying more ram

I’ve noticed Rust using around 5GB of RAM lately, on normal sized maps with moderate population. It’s possible you just don’t have enough memory.