New Rust (Try not to flame this one)

Okay, let’s try to keep the flame away from this thread, if a mod can lock my Legacy thread, I’d appreciate it.

Right, I went onto new Rust the other day, once again, doing my best to get into it, spent around 2 hours on a base, went offline for like 40 minutes, to do some stuff. Now, I log back in, and some guy’s who were giving me grief raided me with arrows? I had a full stone structure, with metal doors and a real door lock, multiple metal doors* and it was like a 4 x 4.

Is that actually a raiding method? It’s that easy to raid in the new Rust? If anyone can give me some advice on how to avoid being raided without spending 12 hours on a base without logging off id appreciate it, because I’m really trying my best to enjoy this new rust, but thing’s like that are currently making it impossible

Another thing I’m trying to get used to is, people now ‘own’ rad towns? Fully blocking it off from others, so people with gun’s now have such a huge advantage over someone who has a bow, cause I can’t seem to find a gun anywhere anyway :s?

If someone can give me some advice on this raiding aspect, cause right now I’m pretty sure it’s a broken mechanic if you can raid with arrows, but can someone give me some input / detail on this new system?
Also what should I do about weapons to be able to defend myself?

If anyone can help me try to enjoy this new Rust as I’m currently finding it impossible with these things, I’d appreciate it.

Shouldn’t raiding be higher tier items you risk your life / time for like C4? Not pickaxes and bow and arrows?

This isn’t a hate thread, I’m actually trying my hardest to enjoy this new rust, and I’m having great difficulty overcoming certain thing’s like this, so maybe I’m just not used to the new rust, any input appreciated, thank you :slight_smile:

Considering that rad towns don’t have any gear in them that barrels can’t also drop, the rad town wall isn’t as effective as it appears. Plus it takes a lot of work to create and maintain the wall, a lot more work than it takes to just blast a hole through it when you need something from radtown.

Arrow raiding used to be a super effective method of raiding, but to my knowledge it’s been nerfed to take a lot more effort. If you got raided using this method it means they put a lot of time into blasting those walls.

There are very effective ways to build a base currently to protect yourself from raiders, if you utilize cupboards. Unfortunately the game isn’t completely balanced because everything is still WIP, but it’s at least playable.

Right, I went onto new Rust the other day, once again, doing my best to get into it, spent around 2 hours on a base, went offline for like 40 minutes, to do some stuff. Now, I log back in, and some guy’s who were giving me grief raided me with arrows? I had a full stone structure, with metal doors and a real door lock, multiple metal doors* and it was like a 4 x 4.

-Just because it’s a new method it doesn’t mean it’s bad, make 1 of the rooms fully armored, they will need 3xC4s, in 2 hours you have more than enough time to gather the resources for that one room only, don’t spend it on anything else but that.

Is that actually a raiding method? It’s that easy to raid in the new Rust? If anyone can give me some advice on how to avoid being raided without spending 12 hours on a base without logging off id appreciate it, because I’m really trying my best to enjoy this new rust, but thing’s like that are currently making it impossible
-IT is a method against lower than armored structures so get that wall up to the last upgrade as I said in the previous one, it still takes a lot of time and some resources

Another thing I’m trying to get used to is, people now ‘own’ rad towns? Fully blocking it off from others, so people with gun’s now have such a huge advantage over someone who has a bow, cause I can’t seem to find a gun anywhere anyway :s?
-when didn’t people own rad towns? it was such a normal thing in legacy, I did that myself too and I’m sure most here as well, Rad Towns drop much shittier stuff now than before or I can just simply say they have a lower chance of dropping the goodies + just get on some serious community servers and many won’t allow that, I could recommend one but I’m not sure I can advertise it here(it’s in the community list)

If someone can give me some advice on this raiding aspect, cause right now I’m pretty sure it’s a broken mechanic if you can raid with arrows, but can someone give me some input / detail on this new system?
-it’s kinda the same as before just that it’s harder to raid taller buildings(especially the ones on rocks) because of the cupboards that have a big radius

Also what should I do about weapons to be able to defend myself?
it’s the same as before, barrels, rads, get a spear a bow nothing really different. Focus on finding the Code Lock blueprint before building anything, it will make your life 50 times easier.

Shouldn’t raiding be higher tier items you risk your life / time for like C4? Not pickaxes and bow and arrows?
-you insist too much on this one

This isn’t a hate thread, I’m actually trying my hardest to enjoy this new rust, and I’m having great difficulty overcoming certain thing’s like this, so maybe I’m just not used to the new rust, any input appreciated, thank you :slight_smile:

Is the full upgrade metal fragments and stone? I’m just so used to being able to build a 1 x 1 shack with a metal door that cant be broke by anything but c4 or nades I think haha. I’ll give that a go, I’ll try just purely upgrade a single room with my stuff in and see how that goes.

Stone is a low tier structure? I thought that would be in the middle-higher range of the tiers? Considering its twigs, wood, stone, then the metal?

Yeah it’s true people still used to ‘own’ rad towns I suppose, but it took like 20 seconds to break a barricade with a pickaxe, so it was never really ‘owned’.

Also, I only insist on that point a lot, because these methods of raiding currently seem rather silly? Maybe it’s just me :slight_smile:

Thank’s for your input bud, I’ll go try again and fully upgrade one room, just so many people attack when youre mid-building

People owned rad towns with walls :smiley: and gates and what not, it was much easier actually because you could just use normal walls that couldn’t be broken by nothing but c4(there were no cupboards though)

it’s
twig-wood-metal/stone-armored don’t even bother upgrading to wood, just go from stone to armored

Rad towns are much more dangerous now, before you could go in naked, take the stuff, get out and stay alive, now you go in and die pretty fast.

Check the rustafied guides, they’re very good for new/legacy players

Alright, I’ll go take a look at some of the guides, cause I was in love with this game since I started it, it’s just got everything in a game I want, so I really do wanna get back into it a lot, easily have 3000+ hours by now If I didn’t leave.

Was the armored fragments + stone combination to make the wall armored?

metal fragments + stone + wood , 200 of each

P.S: what was wrong in my post Cookie that it deserved a “dumb” ?

I have to LOL at the people who spend thousands of wood / stone / metal building double-depth armored walls around radtowns, especially when it dawns on them that the same stuff shows up in barrels.

I know this was already pointed out above, it’s just that I have to laugh when I think about them patting themselves on the back for being so clever.

Stevie, I definitely feel Ya man. I was a hardcore Legacy Rust player with over 600 hours. Only within the last week have I really gotten into the new Rust (I’m actually really liking it, starting over and having to learn a totally new game sucks a bit though). I had a 3x3 with doors with code locks. Group of 3 guys who I thought were pretty cool ended up raiding me. Took about 5-10 min, and got to my room with
All the loot. Definitely not used to the new Rust yet.

From what ever experienced new rust player has told me, this is how you should go about starting.

Get a base, upgrade the walls to stone, because stone is the same as metal, cause aparently its bugged or something from what i’ve heard, and is actually weaker than stone, get your door to the max as fast as possible, like the advanced metal thing, with 200 fragments, stone and wood, then work on getting your walls to the same.

Also use about 3/4/5/6 furances with the ore split equally in 3 for example 1000 wood, 300 ore 300 ore 300 ore.

I find it kinda silly that it’s really a necessity to have to build to the MAXIMUM tier to be safe, meaning from picks etc, they need to work on their tiers a bit, but I kinda understand how to go about a base and stuff now. Also build higher up on a rock or something and then place a cupboard, makes it harder to be raided.

Hopefully i’m correct in what I just said and what i’ve learned, i’m sure someone will correct any mistakes.

remember: must have the code lock before, it’s tedious to use the lock, making key doubles and all that
the furnace/campfire cooking is the same as before, you put more in, you get them faster, if you want your meat to pop out of the campfire so you won’t have to check it just put the wood and uncooked meat in the fire and occupy all the slots, the moment the cooked one is ready it will throw it as a bag out of the campfire(you only have about 1 minute to pick it up before it disappears)

the upgrade tier sets are more like

…twig
/ …|…
wood…stone…metal
\ …|… /
…armored
rather than progressive now. wood is pretty weak but better than twig, stone has more hp, and metal deals more damage to tools used to bust it. armored kind of covers all of the above, but costs much more in resources. wood provides bugger all protection, i prioritize stone or armored myself and save the wood.

as for rad sites, it’s related to the balance in building parts. the difficulty you experience trying to get into the rad site is the same difficulty other raiders find getting into your house;)

the arrow thing was nerfed, they must have spammed the hell out of it, or used a gun. not much to be done until that gets balanced out properly.

Right now my problem is finding weaponry, managed to obtain a airdrop when nobody was really online and got a Thompson and bolt, but because I haven’t researched them, it would be silly to use them in anything but house defense.

But people are running around with Thompson and bolt’s and I don’t really stand a chance with a bow, so I need to figure out how to obtain weaponry at a faster rate, that’s what I’m stuck on figuring out right now.

why would it be silly to run out with them ? the moment you get them go out -> kill people -> get more guns

You should run out naked and just explore the map more. Try to find a piece of land that has a higher concentration of barrels than normal, and build a small house nearby. Then, periodically make a run and collect as many barrels as you can. After a while you’ll find some gun blueprints, you really only need a thompson, bolt, or ak.

Incase I get teamed by like 6 guys with guns and lose my only gun and have no house defence :confused:

most likely people will go after your house during the time you’re offline(this custom intensified since the rock bases appeared where people have to build the twig siege towers) .
You know as it was even before :smiley: numbers =/= skill, just go after small groups and take their guns, go on some private server if you want to test the guns first to get the feeling. If they don’t have the chest plate armor then you can kill them very fast. Sitting with the weapons in the house waiting for a rare situation to happen won’t help. You will find the most barrels in the desert area usually then snow and the least in grass, at least that’s how I experienced finding them on every server I went on since I joined experimental.

Well, I’m slightly starting to enjoy the new Rust, well a lot more than I was originally, has taken quite a lot of getting used to, enjoying my time learning the new game so far :smiley: One thing that I don’t think ill ever be satisfied with though is the combat pvp, doesn’t feel as fun or as smooth if thats the word as legacy, maybe because of no hitmarkers or SPLOOSH headshot sounds :smiley: Do we know of any upcoming changes to combat?

I’m sure I read somewhere at some point that they were not happy with how it currently is compared to legacy? Am I wrong or was that posted somewhere?

not sure if they said that, I personally am starting to enjoy more than the older one, the more you kill the more you will like it :d but yes, we need the headshot sound ! the salvaged hammer does some sort of sound when you hit someone in the head, so take one with you and when they’re wounded hit them in the head with it as an execution :smiley:

you’ve been raided because that was your first time. you won’t succed in Rust the first time you play it, because the whole game is about the experience you have about it.

you’ve been raided with arrows? i can immagine many scenarios of how the thing went.

1. you placed the cupboard close to a window
  2. you actually built windows in a 4x4 house (how many floors btw? 1? 2? 3? no windows dude.)
  3. a stone wall protects you for 10 minutes, than a noob with 25 spears comes by and destroys it.
  4. you built a house in clear view
  5. you made a building mistake (a fundation not upgraded, a roof not upgraded, a window at ground floor
  6. you made a large base (4x4 is some how large, if you compare it to the cupboard bubble) and used just a single cupboard, so people just built their way on top of your roof
  7. you had bad luck
  8. it’s rust, if you get raided usually you learn something new. did you learn something new?