New to Lua

Herro. I’ve been playing garry’s mod for almost 2000 hours, and for the most part. I’ve been crazy about Gcombat and pewpew, and over time they just seem so basic. I mean there’s so much more you could do! Custom armor tools, all kinda of ammo, and a lot more could be done. I’ve never really coded LUA but I was hoping get start. I know there’s no way for me to even think about making something like this but you have to start some where right?
Does anyone know of some really good videos or lessons somewhere? I filled with tons of idea but I just don’t know how to put them into LUA.
Anything would be helpful. :3

http://www.facepunch.com/threads/868561-Need-help-READ-THIS-FIRST!

This should have useful links to all sorts of tutorials.

The important thing in my opinion is to start small and work your way up, unless you really feel like diving into the deep end :wink:

Hi,

Lua isn’t an acronym.

This is why “Bad Reading” was taken away, I’m surprised “Dumb” is still kept…

DID YOU NOT SEE IN CAPS WHEN YOU ENTERED THE FORUM, “READ THIS FIRST”

[editline]14th January 2011[/editline]

“Lua” (pronounced LOO-ah) means “Moon” in Portuguese. As such, it is neither an acronym nor an abbreviation, but a noun. More specifically, “Lua” is a name, the name of the Earth’s moon and the name of the language. Like most names, it should be written in lower case with an initial capital, that is, “Lua”. Please do not write it as “LUA”, which is both ugly and confusing, because then it becomes an acronym with different meanings for different people. So, please, write “Lua” right!

Garry is doing it wrong xD " LUA Scripting"

wiki.garrysmod.com << Read all the articles, I’m not joking, all of them

Gmod Wiki and reverse engineering gave me alot of experience in lua and there is a full function list for all of garrysmod here: http://wiki.garrysmod.com/?title=Lua at the bottom where it says function reference thats where they all are

Reverse engineering what?

I would assume he means taking an already working piece of code and working out what it does, why etc.