Hi, i’m learning lua and i’m interested in coding in GMod. So with that in mind, I would like some practice, and that’s where you guys come in. If you don’t mind, could you give me some suggestions for simple codes I can go try to make? This would help me get started.
I’m not very sure how simple.
I can think of a SENT that shoots the SMG grenade when you press E on it. And an M4 that makes an explosion where the bullet hits.
Here’s a really simple one, make a medkit that can heal the player for a certain ammount (say 25) but can not heal the player over his maximum health, with a sound effect. Basically remake the hl2 medkit.
Thanks for the suggestions, for the first one I’ll have to do a little more work, but it’ll will help me learn. Thanks!
I agree with Crazy Quebec’s idea. Nice and simple.
The first thing I ever made was a crude dodgeball gamemode which was just people grav gunning combine mines into each other.
Project ideas that’ll teach a wide variety of skills:
- Draw a real-time clock.
- Make a money system, and be able to load and save it.
- Use a concommand to make an explosion effect where you’re looking.
- Make two super combine repel down to where you’re looking with a chat command.
- Make a menu that allows you to either:
- Kill a player
- Set the color of the prop you’re looking at
Some of that can get pretty advanced, but it’s a good introduction to the many aspects of Gmod.