News or update on port over to Xbox one or PS4

Been trying to look into maybe any new information or updates on whether or not we are going to see this wonderful game on our consoles any time soon?

Everything I’m finding is from early last year.
Thanks!!!

I would love to see rust on console, but remember, rust is still in alpha, and they are still adding game changing updates. So it’s unlikely that we will see it anytime soon, but **I would love to see rust on console. **

Well aware, not what I was asking though.

Just a simple answer of like maybe: Nope no updates on whether or not this is happening or YES! There has been word of them working on this.

Not to be rude or anything…

No nothing at all has been said about it, mid last year Garry said that if it ever were to happen the game would be completely finished on Pc and then ported over. So don’t expect to hear anything about it for at the very least another 6 months.

nope.

it’s not even really past alpha, there is no point porting it to consoles until its actually a complete game.

rusts beta is halflife 3

My hatred towards consoles is so immense, that if it where me pulling the strings, I would make my mods lock those threads requesting it imidiately…Imidiately!

All consoles ever did since the previous generation was holding gaming back with their inferior specs and their inferior backports, holding great games hostage in the name of exclusive content and making them inferior in the process of making them run on their inferior hardware, and then way after their relevance ends, port whats left of it to pc.
On top of that they have the audacity to make you pay double for online gaming? Like WTF… paying for the right to play your online game online on top of what you pay your ISP? Where do you even find such big balls… not in Rust… thats for sure… although perhaps that rusty metal ball could represent the aged and partially decayed hugeness of their one ball…
Serously… these moneygrabbers should be stopped… Die consoles Die!!

So how do you expect to play? On a handful of dedicated official servers? P2P isn’t really a realistic option…

That may add up to alot of official servers.

The idea of a bunch of xbox fanboys playing rust sounds really funny to me, the amount of slurs,homophobia, and mom fucking would probably be fun to watch.

Well I will never understand this whole PC - Console war idea. It’s just someones preference I guess. It’s pointless to sit here and argue about which is better blah blah blah.

I prefer having a controller in my hand, chilling on the couch playing my games. But then again you can do this with a PC as well.
On another note I do enjoy playing certain games on PC & of course not every game on PC is available on console and majority will never be.

But I saw a article from a while ago about them receiving their Xbox Dev kits but other then that I couldn’t find much more information. I personally would love to see this on a console. With ARK now on the Xbox I enjoy it much more now than I did on PC, but again that’s just someones personal preference.

ARK has turned out to be a HUGE success on the console as well. They have more than 600 official servers and I’ve had to sit there and spam join for a hour before to just play in my server. I feel like RUST would be the same way with how great of a hit it is.

[quote=“buttslap, post:7, topic:218981”]

My hatred towards consoles is so immense, that if it where me pulling the strings, I would make my mods lock those threads requesting it imidiately…Imidiately!

All consoles ever did since the previous generation was holding gaming back with their inferior specs and their inferior backports, holding great games hostage in the name of exclusive content and making them inferior in the process of making them run on their inferior hardware, and then way after their relevance ends, port whats left of it to pc.
On top of that they have the audacity to make you pay double for online gaming? Like WTF… paying for the right to play your online game online on top of what you pay your ISP? Where do you even find such big balls… not in Rust… thats for sure… although perhaps that rusty metal ball could represent the aged and partially decayed hugeness of their one ball…
Serously… these moneygrabbers should be stopped… Die

My god I had no idea ark was on consoles! Thats nuts! Fair play on them! I’d love to see rust on consoles, given that ark is obviously developing concurrently with console and pc, then why not. I think FP are taking their time… shame really.

I’m mainly a PC gamer, but a console is nice to have to play quick pick up and put down games… idk why all the hate!

I think having rust on console will bring to many little kids. No real problem with that but some of them are cool but most of them are also very annoying. So I say keep it on pc!