What is this?
Since I was in need of quick money, I started making a thing for ScriptFodder, called 5 MOTDs for 5 Dollars. In the end, I decided I would only sell 3, scrap one of them and then release the last for free.
It contains all the features my paid MOTDs have including:
- Usergroup whitelisting - Don’t want certain groups to see the MOTD when they first initially spawn in? Simply add their Usergroup to a table.
- Access via a chat and console command - Both are easy to change.
- An extensive config file with clear instructions.
- Whether or not it should show up when the client initially connects.
- Buttons can either be coloured individually or if it’s enabled, swapped between two colours as shown above.
- None of that dumb timer bullshit for when you can press the close button. (seriously who came up with that it’s horrible)
How to use:
- Simply installing by dropping NiandraMOTD into your addons folder and restarting.
- See lua/autorun/sh_niandramotd_config.lua for server side info, such as what command to use to open it, etc
- See lua/auorun/client/cl_niandramotd_config.lua for clientside info, including overall design as well as how to edit/add buttons to the list.
You are not allowed to use this a template for a MOTD you plan to sell, however you may make modifications if you keep the code private or release for free.