Nice ole SQL problems due to update

I noticed there was no thread on this problem so I decided to post one. I know I’m not the only person with this problem and thought it would be nice to have a thread were people can post if they have found anything that can help fix this. Please no posting saying stuff like “Move on RP is s2pid.” because some people like to do serious rp.

In case you don’t know what I’m talking about it’s the ’ Error connecting to DB: Can’t connect to MySQL server on ‘localhost’ (10061) ’ problem despite everything being there.

You didn’t explain where exactly you’re getting this error, I’m guessing this is in your server console, which means you have a configuration file for a mysql connection somewhere, probably in whatever gamemode you’re running. You need to check and make sure you have a mysql server installed on the localhost (same machine as the game server) or you need to configure/reconfigure your database settings. It appears the mysql server isn’t running on the localhost from the error you provided.

Every server running Open Aura got pretty much shut down by this. Even after you changed all the loops from ("…/models/blah blah blah") to (“models/blah blah blah”, true) This problem stays. I’m clueless on what is causing it. The error is very vague and could be anything. Everything is properly set up the sql is working and such. Once the update came out my server was hit with this problem but before the update everything was working great. From what I can tell a few people have fixed this problem cause several OA server are running right now. By several I mean 3 most say there playable but that just means they fixed the problem with the loops not the problem with SQL.

EDIT: This is the other error I get [gm_sourcenet3] Failed to locate CNetChan::ProcessMessages which might be the root of the problem

Are you able to access the database locally using mysql command line with the user you’re trying to connect with?

The error says “can’t connect,” that should mean there’s an issue establishing a connection to the mysql server.

well… instead of putting localhost, put the actual IP of the WEBSERVER

It’s likely he’s on a dedicated machine and has the mysql server installed locally, also he’s not trying to connect to a webserver, he’s trying to connect to a mysql server.

Ok I went through and double checked everything having to do with MySQL and it all seems to be correctly put in and nothing was bumped/changed. I’m thinking it was a function tinkered with by Garry.

I’m having the same problems, I created a brand new MySQL (mine isn’t even on the local host) and I don’t get any error, simply cannot create a character or load one to actually play on the server…

Does anyone have a fix for this im getting it now!