NinjaStepping (exploit)

so being as cool as i am, kids tend to come for me and fail.

sadly. ive butthurt two players (rama and stalker) so they’ve decided to exploit and or hack. they are even more mad i took 4 guys and rolled thru thier base and so they came back over night and repeated the same thing.

N-step, when you disconnect your connection briefly to complete tasks in which arrive when re connected.

1. when they would teleport tree to tree, unconnect behind 1, pop out, kill a target, get behind a new one, and reconnect.
    (this appears as a frozen player then (thousands of hatchets) or (one loud shot) to the people around
  2. cheat engine
    (easy install, not 100% sure if its these two but during the day people would appear up beside me on my tower then fly across to mountain when i hit them. (cant confirm any names for this)

either way, the cheating in this game is a little to extreme now. sadly as one of the top killers, this means ive got lots of children whom dont consider this a game and leak sadness from there happyplace :frowning: either way, grats to those involved in breaking the game and using such exploits to your advantage to get me :slight_smile:

thus are the risks and problems we must deal with as top players. cant wait for next update :slight_smile:

EDIT: adding this for reference:

also, rama why are you mad i shared your secret? you disliked the thread)

This game is in early alpha, the goal for our dev’s is not making it an enjoyable game for us right now, its not to deal with player made problems yet, its to make the game work as intended and have the features they implement troubleshot so its ready for beta, dealing with hackers and such is a lategame thing.

What is this about i still dont understand

Allow me to take you through it step by step, the easy way.

Find a safe place in rust, top of tower for instance.

1. Open Network Connections
  2. Disable the connection that has your internet
  3. Exit your safe spot, hit/shoot anyone you see (they will be frozen and cannot defend them self).
  4. Enable your connection
  5. You will teleport to your new location
  6. Watch as all your hits go through regardless of your or their location.

On their screen you will have been standing inside your safe spot not doing anything the entire time. So next time you see someone and cry ‘speed hack’ or ‘aimbot’ there is a far likelier chance they are just doing this.

Alright thanks for telling us how to do it, that sure helps us prevent it from happening

Funny how he tries to troll, and even funnier is that how they know this teleporting thing and how to get on top of someones roof from a mountain with a speedhack.

Fucking idiots… why would you post EXACTLY how to do it… you could’ve just said it was a problem and let the admins look into it

Instead of telling an exploit of this magnitude directly to a developer, you release it to the public? Oh my.

Quoted for posterity. The best way to get a exploit fixed is NOT to tell the developers since, if it isn’t wide spread it won’t be a priority. This is the most effective way to get it resolved sooner rather than later.

Or nothing will happen, it’s rust after all. A big enigma ruining facepunch.

it is funny when you sit ingame saying your legit while your team msg’s us exactly what you are doing step by step. funny how that works huh rama?

you guys said pat and helk said you were allowed to use these exploits. so use them. whats the problem with me posting how you do it?

[editline]19th July 2013[/editline]

exactly. and according to the kids abusing it, they have permission so. if thats true then everyone should be allowed right? might as well share the wealth.

I suppose you are right Parrot, I should do what you and your friends do. Not tell anyone, and use it as an advantage in beating other players near you. Pass. It has already been reported, the more press it gets the faster it gets fixed.

I’d much rather beat people on a even playing field.

You’re an idiot, we never used that exploit, we were using another glitch to raid you, one that we already showed to glitch. What you’re doing is cheating, not exploiting a glitch.

fact is you guys require exploits to win. and then you boast about it. thats about all there is to it.’
and as your team is telling me they have private contact with helk, and helk gives you permission to exploit and cheat so fuck us right? :slight_smile: xD

Keep making up things, you really should contain your imagination.

lazy got out smarted. (lol)
thanks for the loot. please try to calm down and stop flaming in game and out.

I never accused you of using nstepping. I accused you of cheating. In your case you reported the glitch and then continued to use it against other players to your benefit. All of this you openly admit.

Case 1:
Player A uses nstepping to achieve an advantage over player B.
Player B dies and loses in game worth to player A due to the disadvantage.

Case 2:
Player A uses a “glitch” to achieve an advantage over player B.
Player B dies and loses in game worth to player A due to the disadvantage.

I see no difference. Cheater, exploiter, glitch user, hacker… all result in the same effect on the player base.

For reference I used nstepping once, today, immediately after discovering it to test it. I then reported it and now have no intention to play until it is fixed as it is too large of a exploit to play during. I like this game too much to play in a compromised state.

You “tested” the glitch in an effort to take us out before you even reported it. We reported the other glitch before we ever used it and made sure it was known. NStepping isn’t a glitch, it’s essentially using cheat engine to speed up your game, I see no difference. Climbing into your base because you leave your roof open isn’t a cheat/glitch/exploit or whatever you want to call it. We can rest happy because you forcefully disconnecting yourself from the game and reconnecting will cause you to be flagged, I really suggest you don’t keep using your newfound exploit,

I really can;t believe they didn’t realize that. “laziest noob” to lazy for ceilings apparently.

So I guess you’re entitled to make a special thread about your special snowflake of a person with special attention needs even if we all know it’s part of that june-july 2013 pile of bullshit and 10 years old key-beggers threads. You said it yourself but surprisingly threw yourself in the shitpile.

I thought you’d keep the retardation/hypocrisy in-game but you definitely had to propagate it over here…

-Dorner Inawoods

“You’re an idiot, we never used that exploit, we were using another glitch to raid you, one that we already showed to glitch. What you’re doing is cheating, not exploiting a glitch.”

mhm, kids exploit. i post your secrets on public forum and now your upset. dont bitch about it.

“lazy got out smarted. (lol)
thanks for the loot. please try to calm down and stop flaming in game and out.”
damn, this kid joined thier team 1 day ago and thinks hes good. you outsmarted me via exploiting? grats bro. proud of you

“You “tested” the glitch in an effort to take us out before you even reported it. We reported the other glitch before we ever used it and made sure it was known. NStepping isn’t a glitch, it’s essentially using cheat engine to speed up your game, I see no difference. Climbing into your base because you leave your roof open isn’t a cheat/glitch/exploit or whatever you want to call it. We can rest happy because you forcefully disconnecting yourself from the game and reconnecting will cause you to be flagged, I really suggest you don’t keep using your newfound exploit,”

you said you dont exploit. now you say you do? make up your mind before you post bro :confused: also finding and reporting is different than finding use and reporting so you dont get in trouble while you abuse for next 24 hours :slight_smile:

“I really can;t believe they didn’t realize that. “laziest noob” to lazy for ceilings apparently.”

most people dont expect people to get 10+ stories without building up. exploiting to get in then taking resources to build in the next day and get thru 4 doors. but hey, grats bro :slight_smile: must be hard getting carried by a team of exploiters.

"So I guess you’re entitled to make a special thread about your special snowflake of a person with special attention needs even if we all know it’s part of that june-july 2013 pile of bullshit and 10 years old key-beggers threads. You said it yourself but surprisingly threw yourself in the shitpile.

I thought you’d keep the retardation/hypocrisy in-game but you definitely had to propagate it over here…

-Dorner Inawoods"

dorner your mad because i owned you and then you bitched ingame. i made a thread about a group of cheaters and publicly posted the exploit being used. how is this anything about me? please regard what you say because aside from being bad at a game, having a short temper, being easy to troll, and trying to take any shot at me you can ingame and on the forum, you really… really just make yourself look more and more retarded.

me posting a cheat = me asked for attention. thats good logic there champ. let me know how that works out for you :slight_smile:

EDIT:

also, please stop crying on this thread about losing your advantage. now your mad that i shared how you cheat? please… dont bitch. as xwarriorx said, its getting patched. so keep calling me a hacker, and enjoy your pre alpha exploiting :slight_smile: just dont cry here about your cheats being public

Great thread filled with moron cheaters accusing each other of cheating. Too fucking funny. You all deserve what you get because there are many of us not using any cheats at all, we are the ones getting cheated for real.