No City Ambience in Garry's Mod

I’m sure we’re all familiar with the Half-Life 2 Roleplay and other regular city maps in Garry’s Mod. I’m also certain we’re familiar with the city ambience (alarms, traffic, etc.) you always hear automatically on maps like that.

I hyave just one problem- I haven’t heard it in over 2 years.

This silence is driving me crazy. I tried dumping my entire sound folder in Gmod to see if it would fix it, but no dice.

So I’m thinking I need to find the sound file somewhere and re-upload it myself to my folder.

I would really appreciate the name of the file, perhaps a place to download it, and instructions for where to put it.

Thank you.

(User was banned for this post ("Wrong section" - Gran PC))

You could try taking the soundscape files from the “GameRoot/gamefolder/scripts” out of the GCFs of the different Source games, drop them into the “garrysmod/garrysmod/scripts” or into a custom folder there like “soundscapes”.

Then make a custom .TXT file named soundscapes_manifest.txt in the “garrysmod/garrysmod/scripts” directory and add those soundscape text files using the

"file"     "scripts/soundscapes/soundscape_%notes%.txt"

Doing so allows you to precache the soundscapes without having the games mounted, which is based on the game_sounds_manifest.txt that has the soundscripts from the games precached