No lighting with the presence of light_environment?

FIXED! Apparently there was a tiny tiny leak, (had snap to grid off when aligning, was offset by a little bit)

-snip-

Try light_directional if you’re mapping for Alien Swarm.

It’s for episode 2

Paste the compile log and take a screeny in game.

Added to original post

Restart hammer and recompile see if your textures are still missing.

mat_fullbright 0 ? :v:

Restarted and re-compiled, no luck. mat_fullbright isn’t on

Paste the content of the vmt for the “missing textures” here.

Currently downloading the map, I’ll take a gander in a second. I have a hunch your light may be inside the model.

[editline]05:44PM[/editline]

I think your ligh is too dark to show up and your light_env has pretty funky settings (sunlight is grey?).

Try the settings from this page and it’ll look a lot better:

Take a picture of your light_environment settings.

Also the pitch was still at 0, which means the light is emitted as if the sun were dead on the horizon. -90 is directly overhead and in between are varying angles of sunlight, but the suggestions on the sky list are a pretty good starting point.

well it shows there is no light in your map

GatherLight: 0…1…2…3…4…5…6…7…8…9…10 (0)
Bounce #1 added RGB(0, 0, 0)

check your settings on your light_env, or delete it and try again.

FIXED! Apparently there was a tiny tiny leak, (had snap to grid off when aligning, was offset by a little bit)

I don’t know why it would say there are no lights though, that’s odd.

That doesn’t indicate an absence of light in the map, merely an absence of light bounces. As can be seen a few lines above this there are 3 direct lights in the map. (Things such as naming lights means bounces aren’t calculated for them)

Don’t snip the op if you fixed the problem. You should let others see how you fixed it.

Also next time you have a question try one of the mapping mega threads.