Non-Error crash

So I have been getting some non-error crashes. Anywhere from 2 - 10 minutes from playing.

I join a server, play for 2 - 10 minutes then game closes as if I closed it myself.

Things ive tried
I check event logs, nothing.
Verified game. Fine
Re-installed.
Re-installed windows, twice.
Re-installed video drivers, (newest, and older drivers)
Tried the “beta” drop down trick.
Running in admin.
And im sure many other things.

Ive checked all over the internet and non of the “fixes” have worked for me.
I’m hoping some on can shed some light on my situation.
Also, I did get two random crashes WITH ERRORs but im not sure if they are the cause, ill post them separately below.

One.
RustClient.exe caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module RustClient.exe at 0033:3fe270e3.

Error occurred at 2015-08-14_205136.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rust\RustClient.exe, run by Proper.
55% memory in use.
8191 MB physical memory [3676 MB free].
16380 MB paging file [9779 MB free].
8388608 MB user address space [8383551 MB free].
Read from location ffffffff caused an access violation.

Two.
Unity Player [version: Unity 5.1.2p2_207c2b8718a4]

in module RustClient.exe at 0033:3fce5a62.

Error occurred at 2015-08-14_111512.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rust\RustClient.exe, run by Proper.
54% memory in use.
8191 MB physical memory [3730 MB free].
16380 MB paging file [10705 MB free].
8388608 MB user address space [8384308 MB free].
Read from location 0036e9a0 caused an access violation.

[editline]15th August 2015[/editline]

Update

Just got another crash this time with an error

in module RustClient.exe at 0033:3fdc445e.

Error occurred at 2015-08-14_214558.
C:\SteamLibrary2\steamapps\common\Rust\RustClient.exe, run by Proper.
60% memory in use.
8191 MB physical memory [3237 MB free].
16380 MB paging file [9358 MB free].
8388608 MB user address space [8383338 MB free].
Write to location 00000018 caused an access violation.

If it just suddenly closes the game with no errors, it’s most likely the Steam Auth error, which is a know issue.
As server admin I’ve seen that error being the majority of reasons why players get disconnected.

In short as far I know, it really comes down to Steam needing to fix it. (Rust isn’t the only game that have this issue with the Steam Auth).

I had kinda the same issues. Starting rust in DirectX 9 fixed it for me. I may have another solution but first try if it works with directx 9.

I’ve actually tried dx9 mode with same results. Sorry I forgot to put that in the list of things tried.

So what your saying is the errorless crash is the same as the error crashes I posted? It just happened to catch it this time?

Suffering the same issue.

I was able to launch the rust client direct from the game directory however when attempting to join a server I’m now given an EAC connection error.

I’ve uninstalled and re-installed the EAC client to no avail. Also attempted a full reinstall of Rust via steam :frowning:

No, the errorless crashes you would be able see if you have a plugin that tells when players log on/off (notifier) or using Rusty/RustAdmin for RCON.

So just run one of those external programs and it should log my issue?

Those tools are for server admin, they will not fix your client crashing. It’s kind of an irrelevant answer because saxxoo is not addressing the right problem.

Correct, they will not fix the crashing, however they will tell if it’s the Steam Auth issue, in which case it needs to be fixed from Steam and not possible by the player or by FP. I only addressed the errorless issue, not those 2 with logs when crashed.

Well from looking at the little that the log shows me on the error crashes it sounds to me like its the same as the errorless ones. I’ll try reinstalling steam again in a different location this time. Wish me luck

So i tried to reinstall steam got the same non error crash with rust. Played Left 4 dead as a test game, played for for over an hour without any issues. Ive basically narrowed it down to a rust issue. Any ideas? Im also going to send a steam ticket.

[editline]16th August 2015[/editline]

Played dota 2 for around 5 minutes and got a errorless crash also, guess its back to thinking its steam. I did have my games list up and when it crashed i did see a “game updating” next to the DOTA game.

Bump for anyone who may know a fix!

I have the same problem.

http://forum.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1469498