Noob problem

Okay so I recently found an old model pack that I’ve had since Gmod9 and as most know, the spawn list has changed in design so that Gmod9 spawn list would have to be changed in order to fit the Gmod10 format, long story short, I had to re-code a list of models and I used another spawn list as a reference, the spawn list I used as reference was simple and was basically just a long list of models with numbers and the model name like such:

“1” “models/example/testmodel.mdl”
“2” “models/example/testmodel2.mdl”

and so on, but when I tried that and went in-game, my spawn menu showed the model as missing so I used a different list as reference which looked similar to this:

“1”
{
“model” “models/example/testmodel.mdl”
}
“2”
{
“model” “models/example/testmodel2.mdl”

and so forth, and after about an hour of formatting the list to this, it worked in-game which brings me to the question, why don’t the spawn lists all work in one format so I could just as easily use one method and save time? and if I just made a mistake and one method can be used, then could anyone tell me what I did wrong?

This is the correct format:

"1"
{
	"Information"
	{
		"name"		"(Your Catagory Name)"
	}
	"Entries"
	{
		"1"
		{
			"model"	"models/(your model).mdl"
		}
	}
}

If anyone has any issues with spawnlists, just ask me to check it, i’ve made so many now i’m sure i’d be able to fix them.

There are other formats that work, but this type always works for me and is easy to alter to your needs.

okay thank you