Nooo! My server!

ServerLog: [ULX] Dr.Hax<STEAM_0:1:51143370> used the tool adv_duplicator on maps/gm_construct.bsp
Dr.Hax<STEAM_0:1:51143370> used the tool adv_duplicator on maps/gm_construct.bsp

Restricted.

*DEAD* Dr.Hax: I could proberly hijack it
reasav suicided!
ServerLog: [ULX] Dr.Hax<STEAM_0:1:51143370> spawned/gave himself swep m9k_aw50
Dr.Hax<STEAM_0:1:51143370> spawned/gave himself swep m9k_aw50
Giving Dr.Hax a m9k_aw50
ServerLog: [ULX] reasav<STEAM_0:1:6622999> spawned/gave himself swep m9k_ex41
reasav<STEAM_0:1:6622999> spawned/gave himself swep m9k_ex41
Giving reasav a m9k_ex41
alanbatt28: it was dr hax he did this to us

Oh dear. He’s going to hijack the server.

Dr.Hax: This is clearly someone using fog editor

I wonder who?

*DEAD* Dr.Hax: Someone hacked a fog editor or some shit like that

Of course, Dr.Hax! It’s just a coincidence you’re name is Dr.Hax!

ServerLog: [ULX] Dr.Hax<STEAM_0:1:51143370> spawned/used swep m9k_orbital_strike -=RESTRICTED=-
Dr.Hax<STEAM_0:1:51143370> spawned/used swep m9k_orbital_strike -=RESTRICTED=-

Explain how he just spawned that in? It clearly says RESTRICTED.

ServerLog: [ULX] Dr.Hax<STEAM_0:1:51143370> spawned model models/props_trainstation/train004.mdl
Dr.Hax<STEAM_0:1:51143370> spawned model models/props_trainstation/train004.mdl
alanbatt28: u too
ServerLog: [ULX] Neocide<STEAM_0:1:84640497> spawned model models/props_building_details/storefront_template001a_bars.mdl
Neocide<STEAM_0:1:84640497> spawned model models/props_building_details/storefront_template001a_bars.mdl
ServerLog: [ULX] Dr.Hax<STEAM_0:1:51143370> spawned model models/props_trainstation/train004.mdl

Blocked props? ._.

ServerLog: [ULX] Dr.Hax<STEAM_0:1:51143370> spawned model models/props_buildings/project_building02.mdl
Dr.Hax<STEAM_0:1:51143370> spawned model models/props_buildings/project_building02.mdl
ServerLog: [ULX] Dr.Hax<STEAM_0:1:51143370> spawned model models/props_buildings/project_building02.mdl
Dr.Hax<STEAM_0:1:51143370> spawned model models/props_buildings/project_building02.mdl
Dr.Hax suicided!

He made these giant props invisible and put them at spawn so everyone got trapped.

Dr.Hax<STEAM_0:1:51143370> spawned model models/props_buildings/row_corner_1_fullscale.mdl
reasav killed mrkingkill using m9k_usas
ServerLog: [ULX] Dr.Hax<STEAM_0:1:51143370> spawned model models/props_buildings/row_corner_1_fullscale.mdl

?! HOW THE HELL IS HE DOING THIS?!

Dr.Hax: I have alts

I wondered…

Dr.Hax: I haxor your screen

No, You used the admin-only fog editor

Dr.Hax: and if you do ban me
GLaDOS: But your a haxor
ServerLog: [ULX] [HCG] Hole Maker<STEAM_0:0:56324240> spawned/gave himself swep m9k_sticky_grenade
[HCG] Hole Maker<STEAM_0:0:56324240> spawned/gave himself swep m9k_sticky_grenade
Giving [HCG] Hole Maker a m9k_sticky_grenade
Dr.Hax: ill just join again

Of course you’ll join again! You’re a haxor!

ServerLog: [ULX] Dr.Hax<STEAM_0:1:51143370> used the tool colour on models/props_buildings/row_corner_1_fullscale.mdl
Dr.Hax<STEAM_0:1:51143370> used the tool colour on models/props_buildings/row_corner_1_fullscale.mdl
ServerLog: [ULX] Dr.Hax<STEAM_0:1:51143370> used the tool colour on models/props_buildings/row_corner_1_fullscale.mdl
Dr.Hax<STEAM_0:1:51143370> used the tool colour on models/props_buildings/row_corner_1_fullscale.mdl

Using the blocked cough color tool on the buildings.

Dr.Hax: oh shit everyones free!

Yeah, I had to move all your stupid props

Dr.Hax: Lets make this a scenario
Dr.Hax: You guys are on a astroid

No thanks, We don’t want a scenario.

Dr.Hax: no messy with sky plz

Their admin only, moron. Since you’re not an admin, I can fiddle with your fog editors all i like.

*DEAD* Dr.Hax: if i get killed one more time its night time for you all

[Sighs]

Dr.Hax: fine ill stop
Dr.Hax: nah im jokin your all fucked

No! :frowning:

So, Do you guys have a fix for this? It’s rather annoying and he keeps doing it.

Do you have your rcon password in server.cfg?

Of course. I use PlugPayPlay, And it uses TCAdmin. I have access to everything.

Basically, one of your addons has a backdoor allowing him to run code on your server or set himself to super admin.

Post your addons.

Easy solution, “!ban hax 0 hack” or add STEAM_0:1:51143370 to banned_users.cfg.
Remove your rcon_password from your server.cfg if it is there and put it in your commandline
Disable sv_allowupload just to be sure
Check your addons for any shady ones.
Maybe invest in an anti-cheat.

or you can do what I do and ban his IP. I don’t have an unban IP function so they can’t unban their IP. That’s just me.

Not sure why I’m listed as dumb for asking him if he had his rcon password saved in his server.cfg file. It happens way too often that some random script kid gets their hands on the rcon password if it’s saved in there :confused:

Ignore the dumb rates, people on the internet are too lazy to speak their mind so they choose to click a button instead

Do you have wire?

I am fairly certain that this is due to a bug in Advanced Duplicator 2. If you run DarkRP, you have to restrict everything using FPP (weapons, ammo, other entities). Advanced Duplicator 2 does not properly check for limits and spawns items even though they should not be able to be spawned.

So, if you are running DarkRP, it’s most likely him having dupes of weapons and other entities (such as the fog editor), otherwise, listen to all other people in this thread.

Ask PlugPayPlay (shit host anyway, had terrible experiences with it) to put your rcon password in the command line, if they do not offer a way to do this using the Command Line Editor on TCAdmin.

You get what you pay for.

I can get vpses cheaper than them with the same hardware.

The servers aren’t top-notch. They do not know what they are talking about, FTP is slow, support is terrible. They offer live support and have a big button on their website saying “OFFLINE” almost every time of the day. I am 100% sure they overuse their dedicated servers by running way too many gameservers on them. That’s probably how they keep the price low. I understand that you say “you get what you pay for”, but a cheap host is still expected to do it’s work, especially if they advertise with “top notch gameservers”. The average server owner does not know anything about servers nor performance so he just sees it as an epic deal, rather than a shit host.

100% agree. I’ve always said exactly the same thing. ‘Almost’ every, and I say almost because there has to be at least one, game server host don’t know what they are doing. Like you said they over-load their servers, they barely know what they are talking about when you do get through to their support.

Yes, you do ‘get what you pay for’ but like Cyberuben said, they are still expected to be use-able, and most of them aren’t. Although saying that, I did calculate the cost of buying a dedicated server then reselling on game servers to people, and even if I squeezed servers together ( so it was overloaded ) I still only just would have made back what I was spending. It’s just not worth it.

Server owner here, had server with PPP back when I first started my server and had no idea about hosting, Ping was average, about 40 for most people, DDoS protection was shit and download speed was shit. Half the time FastDL didn’t work and FastDL synced the code for my addons. Just finished moving my servers to VPSes.