Not letting me play

Unity
The Content was stopped because a fatal
content error has been detected!

I payed 52$ for this game and I hope It will get fixed soon so I can actually play. It’s nothing wrong with me because my computer can handle this game easily.

You’re a tester, you paid for access so you could test the game.

Come with more details about how you launch it, your specs etc so it can be resolved by the devs, us on the forums or yourself.

I can’t really give more details, that’s all that happens. I get in game play for a little bit (if I’m lucky) then boom the error happens. It’s annoying

you paid 52$ for an alpha game so please, stop complain and let Garry and his team work on they game quietly…

What’s your specs? Do you use Chrome for when you try to play? Switching to Firefox solves a lot of problems like this.

I do play chrome, I’ll try FireFox

[editline]31st August 2013[/editline]

here are some specs:
Alienware M17x: Computer
GPU: GeForce GTX 660 M
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-363QM CPU @2.40 Ghz
Memory: 7.88 GB RAM
etc…

[editline]31st August 2013[/editline]

here are some specs:
Alienware M17x: Computer
GPU: GeForce GTX 660 M
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-363QM CPU @2.40 Ghz
Memory: 7.88 GB RAM
etc…

etc is a very helpful computer specification along with those 4 dots that tells me everything i need to know about your computer

You have a laptop gpu, try updating your drivers. Also, don’t be a dick, you paid for an alpha game which has bugs, also, you didn’t have to pay 52$. This is not a support forum, but people do their best to help and if you don’t elaborate, you won’t get any help.

I don’t have the same issue but I experience a lot of lag,

Same Graphics card Nvidia gtx 660m 2 go

Updating drivers right now :http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/63462