Not showing up on server list - with a twist...

The Issue
Our server does not show up on the master server list. Per occasion, people can connect through the console command ‘connect’, but then should someone view their game information on Steam it will show as ‘Server not responding.’.

We’re running on a Ubuntu server with TCAdmin, and are currently in the process of migrating from our Windows 2012 R2 server to this, but this issue is really causing problems for us in the costly, time sensitive move. Both servers are provided by OVH.

We’re aware it’s a common issue…
To no avail, we’ve looked across countless threads and documentations to find out what could be causing this problem; the servers with the exact same configurations appear perfectly fine on our currently operational machine, but will suffer the aforementioned problem on the new machine.

The 'twist’
People are able to see the server in the master list and on ‘view game info’ as long as they have recently opened the TCAdmin web interface on port 8880 of the same machine. At this point we figured that it could be a firewall issue of some sort; we tested this hypothesis by granting several people access on all ports but to no avail.

I haven’t seen this sort of behavior mentioned anywhere else, so I thought that I best post it in the hope that someone might be able to understand the issue.

Config:


// Server Name
hostname "redacted"
// Server Password
sv_password "redacted"
 
 
// Advanced RCON
sv_rcon_banpenalty 10080
sv_rcon_maxfailures 3
sv_rcon_minfailures 1
sv_rcon_minfailuretime 300
sv_rcon_log 1
 
// Server CVars
deathrun_round_duration 300
deathrun_preptime_duration 5
deathrun_finishtime_duration 10
deathrun_death_ratio 0.125
deathrun_max_deaths 8
deathrun_allow_autojump 1
deathrun_autojump_velocity_cap 500
deathrun_round_limit 8
mapvote_rtv_ratio 0.4
deathrun_pointshop_finish_reward 25
deathrun_pointshop_kill_reward 10
deathrun_pointshop_win_reward 25
deathrun_death_avoid_punishment 1
deathrun_death_sprint 600
deathrun_finish_balloons 0
deathrun_autoslay_delay 60
deathrun_idle_kick_time 300
deathrun_alltalk 0
 
//deathrun_death_model <string model path>
 
//deathrun_help_url <string url>
//The url to open when the player types !help.
//NB: THIS IS BROKEN (???)
 
 
// Bandwidth Rates / Settings
sv_minrate 25000
sv_maxrate 100000
sv_minupdaterate 33
sv_maxupdaterate 66
sv_mincmdrate 33
sv_maxcmdrate 66
sv_allowdownload 1
sv_allowupload 0
decalfrequency 10
 
 
// Server Logging
log on
sv_logbans 1
sv_logecho 1
sv_logfile 1
sv_log_onefile 0
sv_logsdir "Logs"
 
 
// Operation
gamemode deathrun
sv_region 3
net_maxfilesize 64
//sv_loadingurl ""
sv_downloadurl "redacted"
 
 
// Execute Other Configs
exec banned_user.cfg
exec banned_ip.cfg

2 things, that isn’t a url that you have for sv_downloadurl but I highly doubt thats causing it. Try typing heartbeat in there and see if that works. (It is a real command.)

[editline]18th February 2016[/editline]

Ohhhh, and 1 more thing, change sv_region 3 to sv_region 255
Here’s the chart:
Value Location
0 US - East
1 US - West
2 South America
3 Europe
4 Asia
5 Australia
6 Middle East
7 Africa
255 World (default)

The sv_downloadurl was redacted because it isn’t relevant to this matter. Heartbeat has also been tried as well as the different regions.