Notepad++ GLua Highlighter

A new thread so the link is in the OP.

Download:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/robotboy655/robotboy655.github.io/master/GmodLua.xml

Installation:

1. Download Notepad++
  2. Go to Plugins > Plugin Manager > Show Plugin Manager
  3. Scroll down and find “GMod Lua Lexer”, check the box and hit install.
  4. When prompted, select Yes and restart Notepad++
  5. Navigate to APPDATA/ROAMING ( Start > Run ( Or Windows Key + R ) > %AppData% )
  6. Open the Notepad++ Folder
  7. Open Plugins
  8. Open Config
  9. Locate the ‘GModLua.xml’ file inside
  10. Place the downloaded file inside and OVERWRITE the old one
  11. Restart Notepad++

Latest update: 23 February 2016

OOOOMMMMGGGG NIIIICEEEE THANKS BABE!! :rock:

[sp] No seriously, I want to fuck you [/sp]

Glorious net highlighting. You wouldn’t believe the trouble I have spelling Receive. I thought this was done before though (an update from the G10 one). Regardless, thanks a lot.

p.s. NP++ >> Sublime

Thank you so much <3

I love you <3

Oh yiss :v: Wonderfulll

I love you, have my babies!

Looks good Rubat

Thank you very much, it’s much appreciated!

Thanks mate, needed an updated one!

Rubat, you are my hero.

Thanks!

Is there an easy way to change the highlighting based on theme?

one of the few giant downsides to np++, someone on the old thread had a zenburn looking one up but i think it’s outdated compared to this

You better use sublime text then.

Needed this!! Epic! :smiley:

<LexerType name="Gmod Lua" desc="Gmod Lua" excluded="no" ext="">
            <WordsStyle name="DEFAULT" styleID="0" fgColor="E0E2E4" bgColor="293134" fontName="" fontStyle="0" fontSize="" />
            <WordsStyle name="LUA COMMENT BLOCKS" styleID="1" fgColor="6C788C" bgColor="293134" fontName="" fontStyle="0" fontSize="" />
            <WordsStyle name="CPP COMMENT BLOCKS" styleID="2" fgColor="6C788C" bgColor="293134" fontName="" fontStyle="0" fontSize="" />
            <WordsStyle name="LUA COMMENT LINES" styleID="3" fgColor="66747B" bgColor="293134" fontName="" fontStyle="0" fontSize="" />
            <WordsStyle name="CPP COMMENT LINES" styleID="4" fgColor="66747B" bgColor="293134" fontName="" fontStyle="0" fontSize="" />
            <WordsStyle name="NUMBERS" styleID="5" fgColor="FFCD22" bgColor="293134" fontName="" fontStyle="0" fontSize="" />
            <WordsStyle name="OPERATORS" styleID="6" fgColor="E8E2B7" bgColor="293134" fontName="" fontStyle="0" fontSize="" />
            <WordsStyle name="STRINGS" styleID="8" fgColor="EC7600" bgColor="293134" fontName="" fontStyle="0" fontSize="" />
            <WordsStyle name="CHARACTERS" styleID="9" fgColor="FF8409" bgColor="293134" fontName="" fontStyle="0" fontSize="" />
            <WordsStyle name="LITERAL STRINGS" styleID="11" fgColor="C29F56" bgColor="293134" fontName="" fontStyle="0" fontSize="" />
            <WordsStyle name="INSTRUCTION WORDS" styleID="20" fgColor="93C763" bgColor="293134" fontName="" fontStyle="1" fontSize="" keywordClass="instre1" />
            <WordsStyle name="GLOBAL CONSTANTS" styleID="21" fgColor="808000" bgColor="293134" fontName="" fontStyle="0" fontSize="" keywordClass="1" />
            <WordsStyle name="GLOBAL FUNCTIONS" styleID="22" fgColor="0080C0" bgColor="293134" fontName="" fontStyle="0" fontSize="" keywordClass="2" />
            <WordsStyle name="SCRIPTED VARIABLES" styleID="23" fgColor="400080" bgColor="293134" fontName="" fontStyle="2" fontSize="" keywordClass="3" />
            <WordsStyle name="SCRIPTED FUNCTIONS" styleID="24" fgColor="0000A0" bgColor="293134" fontName="" fontStyle="0" fontSize="" keywordClass="4" />
            <WordsStyle name="LIBRARIES" styleID="25" fgColor="678CB1" bgColor="293134" fontName="" fontStyle="0" fontSize="" keywordClass="instre2" />
            <WordsStyle name="LIBRARY CALLS" styleID="26" fgColor="678CB1" bgColor="293134" fontName="" fontStyle="0" fontSize="" keywordClass="instre2" />
            <WordsStyle name="OBJECT FUNCTIONS" styleID="27" fgColor="804040" bgColor="293134" fontName="" fontStyle="1" fontSize="" keywordClass="7" />
            <WordsStyle name="RED FLAGS" styleID="28" fgColor="FF0000" bgColor="293134" fontName="" fontStyle="0" fontSize="" keywordClass="8" />
        </LexerType>

Here’s the obsidian style you can overwrite the plugin’s style with this. This is just to get you started. I had to make some changes and ended up with a style I’m comfortable with.

Updated according to latest update. Download link is above.

Updated with latest vehicle/weapon functions and added the string methods. ( (“test”):len() )

Ehh, can we have gmod wiki json dumps or something with all that syntax stuff?

You already can via the MediaWiki API.