November 2021 - News - s&box

I watch some woodworking channels on YouTube. And you know,  most of them don't really do much woodwork. They spend 99% of their time making things to store their tools in, or systems to make moving their machinery about, or to make cleaning up easier. The hobby feeds the hobby.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://sbox.facepunch.com/news/november2021
7 Likes

Really nice update especially the -tools flag and the starting framework on coded tools addons.

2 Likes

3 seconds to compile the ui :rofl: c’mon garry, can it be a little more slower? ty

also Qt now? how long you gonna keep bloating people"s computers only just to mod???

vs2022 dependency already is crazy, you didn’t learn anything from unity fiasco

1 Like

qt was already used in source 2 and vs2022 isn’t a dependency you are free to use vscode or rider

2 Likes

Really nice, the new tools asset browser would def be a lot better than having seperate windows.

1 Like

Always amazed at how much dev work you guys can fit into a month!

1 Like

The destructible water is so cool

3 Likes

Everything is looking so good! loving the water!

1 Like

Man this is Exciting! so many process at November. Good job!

1 Like

Very excited for tool add-ons, especially interacting with hammer!

1 Like

Good stuff as always.

1 Like

The new water is so much better than before, a big congratulations for the overall work!

1 Like

More VR is good in my book, that means we get more stuff sooner rather than later

1 Like

Addons for Hammer? Now this is getting interesting!

3 Likes

Really neat stuff, however I don’t like how disgusting they made the viewmodel. It seems like today if you want something to be realistic, you just cover it in dirt and shit and you’re done.

1 Like

I love the dedication to tools but I feel like it’s not the deciding factor for s&boxs success, We Thrived Gmod with potato’s… At some point you start wishing we just had some official S&box games to just enjoy. A Developer Markplaces can help the community to start churning out the ecosystem of games and not be stuck with this mess that offers high quality tools.

Like the Big G points out the flaw in Woodworking Channels then replicates the same thing. When are we going to see some nice woodwork that s&box is capable of? Just saying, would love some inspiration. :doughnut:

2 Likes

“These things, they take time.” - Gabe Newell

Also, unlike the woodworking channels, the tools Big G is making will be useable by everyone in the end.

1 Like

The reflections are so nice

1 Like

I really just can’t wait for the first big beta test.

1 Like