NPC's not using weapons

So apparently in GMod when you spawn in npcs by command or with SetPos() they don’t spawn with weapons and they don’t do anything. I coded them so they can move around and chase the player but when I did enemies:Give(“weapon_shotgun”) they hold the weapon, but they don’t use it. I gave them these capabilities and they still won’t use it:

enemies:CapabilitiesAdd( CAP_AIM_GUN, CAP_MOVE_GROUND, CAP_MOVE_SHOOT, CAP_WEAPON_RANGE_ATTACK1, CAP_WEAPON_RANGE_ATTACK2, CAP_USE_WEAPONS, CAP_USE_SHOT_REGULATOR, CAP_FRIENDLY_DMG_IMMUNE )

They also do the animation where they run without a weapon but they hold the shotgun. Whenever I spawn a zombie they act like citizens without weapons. Please help!

//SpawnNPC

timer.Create( "NPCSpawn", 4, 0, function()

enemies = ents.Create( "npc_citizen" )
		if !enemies:IsValid() then return end
			if game.GetMap() == "ttt_nuketown" then
				enemies:SetPos( table.Random(nuketownspawns) )
				enemies:SetCollisionGroup (COLLISION_GROUP_NPC_SCRIPTED)
			end
				enemies:Spawn()
				local Players = team.GetPlayers( team1 )
				table.Add( Players, team.GetPlayers( team2 ) )
				table.Add( Players, team.GetPlayers( team3 ) )
				for i = 1, table.Count(Players) do
				local ply = Players*
				local plypos = ply:GetPos()
					if(plypos:Distance(enemies:GetPos()) < 100000) then
					if not enemies:IsMoving() then
					enemies:SetEnemy(ply)
					enemies:Give("weapon_shotgun")
					enemies:SetLastPosition(plypos)
					enemies:UpdateEnemyMemory( ply, plypos )
					enemies:Classify(CLASS_CITIZEN_REBEL)
					enemies:UseAssaultBehavior()
					enemies:CapabilitiesAdd( CAP_AIM_GUN, CAP_MOVE_GROUND, CAP_MOVE_SHOOT, CAP_WEAPON_RANGE_ATTACK1, CAP_WEAPON_RANGE_ATTACK2, CAP_USE_WEAPONS, CAP_USE_SHOT_REGULATOR, CAP_FRIENDLY_DMG_IMMUNE )
					enemies:SetSchedule( SCHED_ARM_WEAPON, SCHED_SHOOT_ENEMY_COVER, SCHED_TARGET_CHASE, SCHED_RANGE_ATTACK1 )
					enemies:SetCurrentWeaponProficiency(WEAPON_PROFICIENCY_PERFECT)
					enemies:AddEntityRelationship( ply, D_HT, 99 )
					enemies:Activate()
					return
					end
				end
		end
end)

I know the code is a mess and most of it won’t apply but I just need them to use weapons before I remove anything.