NutScript - ApertureRP

The official release of the NutScript ApertureRP Schema. Now, you’re probably saying “What is this RP?” Well, I’ll explain it.

WARNING: THIS SCHEMA MAY HAVE SPOILERS FOR THE PORTAL GAMES. THIS IS A W.I.P GAMEMODE. IT IS NOT FINISHED. I WILL CONTINUE ADDING TO THIS POST AS THE GAMEMODE DEVELOPS

The lore

The setting is (just after the lemon rant) when Cave Johnson is dying, almost dead already, and construction has started on the GLaDOS (Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System). You, the general worker, must spend as much time on the GLaDOS as you can, before Cave’s time comes…

The factions

You can start off as the simple worker, then maybe your skills we be taken to make you into a maintenance worker, and then, maybe handling Hazardous Materials later on.
If you think you have the skill, you can start as a worker and apply to be the Security Guard. They make sure balance and justice is in the facility at all times. If you REALLY have what it takes, you can become a security officer and lead the force to keeping Aperture safe.

(Coming soon) You can apply to be a test subject (60 dollars pay) and help test the new Aperture products and contribute to furthering science!

What items are there?
Everyone starts with an Aperture ID (APID) by default.
Hazmat suits.
Fire extinguishers.
Paychecks (100 Dollars)
Coffee (my personal favourite)
Security Guard Radio’s.

Well, what can I do?
You can do anything from general science to brain mapping.
Perhaps you could work on the biological side of placing a human into a machine?
You could work on a new form of energy (coffee) for robots?
Help program an A.I?
Work on the cores for GLaDOS?
Take a break and buy a coffee?
Possibly even look at the biological side to robotics?
You can do this all and more.

Other stuff
If you want everyone to be able to have a paycheck, spawn the paycheck dispensers from the entities list (remake of the hl2rp ration dispencers).
The default wait for each paycheck is one real life day, this can be changed in the config file.
The recommended map is rp_aperturescience_d , but it is not compulsory.

Download
https://github.com/Imacc2009/aperturerp

Video’s:

Thank you for reading, and I hope to see some ApertureRP servers pop-up soon!

Sounds like Black Mesa RP with less features.
Good luck anyways bro :slight_smile:

fix your fucking script before fixing it

there is no reason that there should be errors in a PUBLIC RELEASE.

It’s not even my script and its a plugin.

Edit:

Meh, I’ll remove it until I get it working.

[editline]23rd February 2014[/editline]

Less features because it’s very new, but thanks. :smile:

Don’t release scripts that you don’t own and cant fix, its just plain bad manners.

Sadly, I don’t see any of the 12yr olds having the attention span to actually role-play something like aperture without asking for a portal gun every 2 mins.

I was given permission to use it, and I’m working on fixing it. On the dev server I’ve luckily only had one incident of that, but a ton of minges. :confused:

I got rid of the Immersive First Person view. As 101kl said it was plain bad manners. Once I’ve fixed it I will ask for permission to release it.

So mind telling us what this is? You said its a plugin but the title infers it’s a schema. And If It’s a collection of plugins and a few changes then I wouldn’t even bother uploading it.

I snipped it because I realised it wasn’t ready for release. And, no. It is not a plugin.