Nvm maybe still good news but ignore for now

sad edit lol: garry posted this on his Twitter so rip, it might still mean more a lot more people can get access though but if you’re not a developer I wouldn’t get your hopes up

we will probably get more information in the coming days so we will see what is to come with this

original post maybe ignore

Garry has said on the s&box discord that they are going to start allowing anyone to get access to the game via the dev website, essentially putting the game into a public beta/alpha
unknown

Now remember that the game is still very wip and that this is most likely directed and developers and similar, but this is still very exciting news

and hopefully Garry isn’t just trolling us lol

*EDIT: discord message link for extra proof

26 Likes

This news makes my evening better! :heartpulse:

2 Likes

Ok “if I had S&box” crowd, it’s your chance to show us what you’d do if you had S&box.

8 Likes

FUN…

Probably gonna be a who comes first approach.

1 Like

he said it would be unlimited as well

3 Likes

I AM SO FUCKING HYPEDDDDD!!! THIS JUST MADE ME SO HAPPY

1 Like

Can I have actual proof from an individual of Facepunch company?

Sorry but it’s a bit necessary in this case to clear all doubts about this being real/the start of public beta being official.

1 Like

Garry himself said it in the public general chat of the S&box Discord. You can verify accordingly.

2 Likes

Can I have a link or screenshot to it?

1 Like

Kinda piggy backing off what Tim said. If you really need verification you can check the s&box discord and see the rank, as well as linked twitter, steam and stuff. Idk, could be one of his kids doing a little bit of tom foolery, but thats the best it’s going to get.

1 Like

I provided a screenshoot in the post lol but here’s a link to one of the messages

2 Likes

Thanks, it’s real from what I can see, sorry for asking.

1 Like

Good stuff for real, glad this is happening, been wanting to play and test the modding capabilities of this game.

1 Like

Do you know for how long the beta will last?

1 Like

this is really nice.

1 Like

Awesome, nice to have confirmation on it

1 Like

At this point who cares, everyone can get the game for free and forever, until you’ll have to buy it, but at that point, it will be available, it’s like the beta has already ended.

1 Like

can’t wait to use glorious sauce 2

1 Like

I’m very excited. I’ve just gotten into HL2 mapping and I’m enjoying myself, so being able to map in source 2 with the new hammer sounds great! I just hope the performance is good and it doesn’t take ages to load.

1 Like

Hi, what’s the dev website? I presume that’s the S&Box official website where we will be able to presumably get a key sometime soon?

1 Like