October 2021 - News - s&box

Great work, guys, as always.

Congratulations to the programmers who joined the team, I’m sure you’ll bring great things to all of us!

That’s sad that I got a new job a few months ago and do not have much free time… But I’m still super excited to follow the progress!

1 Like

Nice work!

1 Like

:purple_heart:epic

1 Like

This is possible going to be the best game of the year when it releases

1 Like

You’re making a lot of progress and I love that. I can already notice TTT Reborn which was something I just discussed yesterday with some random people online on a Garry’s Mod server. I cannot wait for this to become public because the dedication by the team is palpable even through those devlogs. Thank you so much for keeping us all updated and showing progress each month, this is such a healthy way of keeping in touch with the community while also giving us so much to look forward to! I hate the fact that I have no useful skills when it comes to coding or modelling myself so I can hop in as a volunteer.

Good luck, looking forward for the day I’m able to buy this gem!

1 Like

Looking forward to these game testing events, amazing work with the lobby, interesting concept!

1 Like

Is this concept of the game interesting? In garry’s mod, nobody fucking needs game modes. People want to see servers with hundreds of players, not hundreds of lobbies with one player

1 Like

you didn’t read the dev log right as it says that is only a option

Also why do you assume everybody wants servers with 200 people and a 5gb download size

1 Like

So much done in a whole month, those new coders have really Mario Kart mushroom’d your game in an amazing way!

And your own son willingly joining to play what yous have created is also an amazing feat that I think a lot of parents wish they could achieve, you’re unlocking life achievements by the second and you have yet to implement it. Now that is an epic win!

1 Like

Let’s go!
Can not wait for release!

1 Like

This is looking promising. I actually cant wait to try this out in VR. been on my list for quite some time.

2 Likes

Every combination of addons in Garry’s Mod is a separate download, the servers are just categorized by game mode. S&box will likely be in a similar situation once it starts adding ways for game modes to support extra addons.

1 Like

Each update is better than the last, you guys are moving very fast, I can’t wait for the game to be released.

1 Like

@garry i took a look at RichTextKit source code on github

and oh my motherfucking ugly god that shit is poorly written, GC allocations everywhere

watchout your UI, i’m pretty sure it’ll take 90% of framebudget at 120hz+ monitors

1 Like

would you care to write better code yourself and share it with the class, you self righteous prick?

1 Like

calm down lol

2 Likes

This isn’t Unity with it’s potato tier GC.

1 Like