Once again problems with lua/pointshop/add.resources

Alright so I am not quite sure how it all fits together have read about 30 topics about adding materials etc…

Lua code I have for the trail material in autorun/server

if SERVER then
	resource.AddFile("materials/trails/candycaneone.mdl")
        resource.AddFile("materials/trails/candycaneone.mdl")
        end

No idea if the code is correct, or not, it showed that the client downloaded the file but it doesn’t show textures

ITEM.Name = 'Candy Cane #1'
ITEM.Price = 1000
ITEM.Material = 'trails/candycaneone.vmt'

function ITEM:OnEquip(ply, modifications)
	ply.CCOneTrail = util.SpriteTrail(ply, 0, modifications.color, false, 15, 1, 4, 0.125, self.Material)
end

function ITEM:OnHolster(ply)
	SafeRemoveEntity(ply.CCOneTrail)
end

function ITEM:Modify(modifications)
	PS:ShowColorChooser(self, modifications)
end

function ITEM:OnModify(ply, modifications)
	SafeRemoveEntity(ply.CCOneTrail)
	self:OnEquip(ply, modifications)
end

You know, I think I made that trail for someone on Coderhire, but your problem is with the resource.addfile. Trails aren’t models :v:

I think you mistyped there, trails are materials :v:

Anyways, change your code to this:

resource.AddFile("materials/trails/candycaneone.vmt")

and it should work.

No idea if you made it or not but I found it somewhere on the forums as a release.

EDIT: OMG I am seriously the dumbest person in the world! I did not notice that I failed with the extension…

Mind if I have a link please?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/xgbxk20yh5p6ye0/Trails.zip?dl=1&token_hash=AAGA6eXJ0OLSeBDgcNqaEB-i2igOHVYGBzIfprUQ0pEr7A

But I don’t know in which forums I found it, because I was looking for something else for pointshop.

Anyway perhaps you know, why sometimes when clients download files they still don’t see trails or hear songs?

Or I should better make a new thread for it?

Well shit, I need to be more careful with my dropbox files

I know it’s mine because I was lazy enough to include .txt file from my workshop trails pack :suicide:

Have you setup FastDL for your server?

No I have not.

Then the players should download the trail directly from your server if you have sv_allowdownloads set to 1.

Yea the thing is they do download it, but it doesn’t play or show for them, even if they reconnect. I cannot figure out what’s causing this.

Does the custom trail appear in your pointshop catagories?

Yes it does show up it works perfectly, but some people “sometimes” do not see the trail.

Also some people don’t hear the sound effects (end of round music). But it’s like 1/3 songs that they don’t hear.

If it’s “sometimes,” than that’s an issue with your FastDL.

Alright anyway this all is fixed. Topic resolved