Hi Garry and team!
Today is more common to the developers talk with your players than before and get a feedback, but at same time, a lot of people that don’t understand nothing about gaming development complain about how to do a game.
So, IMHO, first of all, I like what I’ve been seeing, and how the development is conducted. I read the Trello, Reddit and Changes.html at night every day to see what happened daytime, and sometimes, when I have time, I start Rust to see some changes and play a little to see the daily changes, so, I know what is happening
(1)Here some questions about what you expect, how do you imagine the final version
- We’ll have a final version or if Rust will be developed and updated for a long time to keep it always actual?
- The Rust is not pos apocalipse anymore. What’s the new history you have in mind?
- How (and where?) the players will find the others objects to craft? (Today we have the road, cities and radioactive animals) Because you talked that “we won’t have roads and cities anymore”.
- About the localization, you’d talked about the path in the grass. We can expect a common montain, constelations and another type of mark around the world?
- We will have a much better admin tool? We need something to keep the hackers out of our servers.
- Talking about servers, you’ll release the servers to the community? I want to host one in my house, I have a little PC waiting for this (We don’t have any provider here in Brazil offering Rust, and our min ping is about 160ms, we need more options for a better gameplay)
(2)Suggestions (even if you don’t give a shit for that :P)
- Poison: you want to introduce a new system to put things inside things, do you imagine if we can craft poison to put inside the food and kill peoples?
- Paper and Pencil (or charcoal): (a)After raid a house, we can write a little text (160chrs?) and leave it in sight for the home owner read later. (b)Draw a map of a piece of the island.
- I don’t like the idea to have a mini map in the Rust, but we can consider 2 things to make this happen: (a)A hidden map like Age Of Empires, you’ll discovering the map with time, BUT, someone can just walk to complete the map and just after start to play. (b) Cut the island in 100 pieces for example, and with the paper, each player only can draw one piece, and if he want the other pieces, he need to find with other player, trading, killing, raiding, etc… (I like more this second option)
- 4 seasons: Imagine if per one week, the weather change, one week too hot (summer) so we need more water, one week with better weather but with more rain (spring), other without leafs in the trees and dry time (autumn), and the last too cold that we need more cloths to not be killed by snow and eat more beacuse you lost more calories to keep your body live(winter).
- MOTD: So the admin can show the rules of the servers. Maybe an button to accept the rules or disconnect, this way, the player will be aware and can’t complain about not knowing the rules after get banned.
- Clan tool: Add a option to create clans, if not, see below.
- Customization of clothes: Add something to change the cloths colors, or maybe upload a little image to put in the shirts, so we can see who are your friend in the battle.
(3)Opinion (or this)
- The game is too heavy now, it’s experimental, I know, but I can play Crysis 2 here in max settings with 15~30fps, and Rust with only 25~35fps. It’s a BIG difference of quality and objects in screen.
- I like the new models, the new procedural map, the new grass (maybe can add others lods to not repeat too much) and can make the sand with less grass in the beach. It’s too dirty when you looks closely.
- The movement in the water is cool, he continues moving when you stops, but the same don’t occurs when you jumps, anyone can’t stop your movement in the air in real life.
- And, I don’t have too much to talk about, because anything I say, is not correct because nothing is really done, all can be changed.
PS: I have a lot of more ideas, if you want to listen, give me a feedback about this post
PS 2: Sorry about my english, i’m trying to write without help from Google Translate, I need to excercise more.
PS 3: PC Specs, not a huge PC, but is what I have for now:
Phenom X4 920 2.8ghz @ 3ghz
4GB DDR2 800mhz
HD7850 @ 1ghz w/ 2GB
SSD 128GB for Win and progs
1,5Tb for Games and Stufs
Windows 8.1u1 x64
Thanks and see ya!