Optimal Computer Specs Question

What would be the optimal (minimal) specs for a computer to run Garry’s Mod (i.e. processor power/type OS 32/64-bit)?

I’d say Dual core, 2Gh or more.
2+ GB DDR+ ram
Geforce 8600+ (I don’t know the ATI equivalent)

Thanks. My current system has enough ram and a good enough graphics card but not enough processor power. Should I replace the whole system, risking the Source SDK not working on windows 7, or keep the XP comp and just spend the extra money to upgrade the processor?

[editline]11:38AM[/editline]

…then again, my graphics card is only an ati radeon 3100 - not quite the equivalent to geforce 8600

It’s not my computer, do whatever you want to.

I ran Garry’s Mod on an AMD Sempron 1.8ghz with an ATI radeon 9600 and 1 GB of DDR RAM :v:

You’re gonna need the 6-core i7 980x as well as 4-way sli 480gtx’s. It’s also mandatory that your pc case is red. Your computer will explode if these requirements aren’t met.

I used to run on a P4 3.6 ghz, 2 gigs of RAM and a Radeon x600 series card. It worked reasonably well.

just go to www.canyourunit.com to find out if you can run a game on your computer well, ok or not at all. works for many games.

[editline]02:14AM[/editline]

just select from the drop down half life 2

That site is a load of shit. It said I cant run BioShock 2 at all but I run it at all high.

I can run anything on my computer since its overkill…

intel core 2 extreame QX9775 @ 3.2GHz, 8GB RAM, 2x1Tb SATA HDD, intel 160GB solid state drive. CD/DVD RW/w lite-scribe, Sony Blue-ray drive.
Dual ATI Radeon HD 5400 Series PCI-E SLi (512Mb X2)
Dual 23" wide LCD Sony.
Integrated LAN and Audio, Linksys WiFI, AT&T wireless broadband USB card.

Five OS choices installed:
Windows Vista Ultimate 64
Ubuntu Linux
Windows 7 Ultimate
Windows XP Pro
Red Enterprise Linux

Basically any computer that was mid-range in 2007 can run Gmod.

Running it well depends on too many variables, namely the game mode, prop count etc.

SDK works on windows 7.

Yeah. I can run Gmod with medium settings at 1280x1024 on Windows XP.
I’m running it on a Pentium 4 531 (3GHz, single core, HT), an ATI Radeon X1950 and 2 GB of mismatched RAM.

I’d say you can play it on pretty much anything.

I also tend to run it with Wire, PHX3 and about 38 other small addons. I can break a smooth 35 fps

Well dont buy 8600GT man … Get ATI Radeon HD5670 1GB GDDR5 128 BIT PCIe X16. If you ask me I cant belive I got this awesome GFX card for so little money.

works for everyone else

i need help, i need a couple of ragdolls made from art work done by my sister. i’ll make sure that the art work will be as clear as posible. if any one is intrested please e-mail at tripprules@yahoo.com.