A week ago today we announced our first week statistics and what we worked on. The response was pretty well received.
We launched http://toprustservers.com almost 2 weeks ago.
Some new things:
- Ability to buy sponsored listings (this is the ONLY form of revenue the site has, we’re bootstrapping everything else, which we’re perfectly fine doing)
- Hosted banners to help promote your listing [done]
- SEO optimization (first round) [done]
- Better filtering and classification of listings [coming]
- Over 80k page views this week
- 2200+ votes cast
- 75+ unique banners uploaded to server listings
- 160+ servers claimed
- 400+ members registered
- 8000+ servers tracked (and responding)
- 260+ comments made on servers (the discussions are there)
If you caught our last post here, you’ll see those #'s have doubled or even tripled in some cases. I’m super proud of what we’ve been able to accomplish.
Since our project has gotten pretty popular in the rust gaming community, it’s only fair to address some concerns that users have. Some believe that there are a certain group of individuals who are using proxies/vpn’s to bring their vote higher than others. To us, this is just like buying fake likes on your FB or twitter. Sure, the # shows but no one really engages you or gives you the feedback actual fans would. And in this case, players would.
What we are doing about this: We are going to reset the entire ranking system as soon as our new ranking system is live. And then continue to do so at the end of every month. Once our new ranking system is live we’ll be working to make it more and more defined. We are sorry to those that feel the alleged cheaters are winning. We are working to remedy this.
How would you do ranking? I’m open to suggestions and improvements. You can reach me on twitter @jwerd
We’re working day in and day out on the site to improve it. #'s are steadily growing but that is not enough for us.
Enjoy your weekend and please check out our project if you get a chance.