Oxide Mods not working with Nitrous Networks

Hi, I recently started renting a server and with Nitrous Networks. I’ve had no luck in getting my oxide mods to work, reinstalled my server to see if that helped still nothing, they’re all in the correct folders but when I use console commands to use them nothing happens. Anybody know of what might be the cause?
Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Are you logging into the console as an admin? If you type in the commands it will give nothing if not an admin. It will take the command give no errors, just will do nothing.

This might help you out too:

find * is particularly useful

You’re saying Nitrous doesn’t work with Oxide…that’s a funny…=D

He’s saying he can’t get his to work. If you have a working configuration, you could help him out :slight_smile:

Yep I’m logged in as admin

[editline]4th February 2014[/editline]

Thanks, having a read through now :slight_smile:

You are sure you set the profile to use Oxide Mod? I know when first configured it is set to the standard vanilla Rust configuration. Not sure on NN but for Multiplay you need to create a new profile and set it to Rust Oxide. You then reset the admin password as it is a new profile. Log in and have the commands at your finger tips.

On this note, before you install Oxmin you are advised to run the server at least once before installing it. If you didn’t do that it’s deffo worth a shot

Yeah I didn’t consider that, sorry I’ve never rented a server so still getting to grips, guess I’ll have to find a way and see if that’s it

Nitrous oxide = laughing gas. I was making a light joke…

My plugins stopped working yesterday after I edited my plugin list and restarted the server. I just uninstalled the main Oxide Mod and re-installed it. Everything is working fine after that. Guess it just didn’t load my plugins.

Haha :slight_smile: good job

I’m obviously completely awake right now :stuck_out_tongue:

I had the same problem when I first started with nitrous. Maybe you made the same mistake I did and didnt know that you really shouldnt install the rust++ if you wanna use oxide.
Here is what you should do. use the server control panel. Click the mod manager. Uninstall all mods. Run Go to your server file manager. Delete RustPP from your /save and Rust++ files from rust_server_data\Managed.
Then hit the steam updater and install oxide from mod manager. That helped for me. Seems that once you install rust++ it doesnt get uninstalled completely with the mod manager

I’ve checked my save file nothing to do with rust++ in there, I did reinstall my server so could be that, that had gotten rid of it hmmm, also looked into the file rust_server_data nothing there either

The only thing I found on their site was

How to update Oxide Mod

How to update your Oxide Mod

After Oxide releases a new update, please allow up to 1 hour for us to add it to the control panel. We will usually tweet once we have done this.

1. Stop your server.
  2. You will first need to uninstall the currently Oxide mod by going to the Gamemods Manager.
  3. run the Steam updated (Wait until it says Verification Completed)
  4. Then you need to install it again and start the server.

Plugins are located in the “/save/oxide/plugins” folder.

Notice: Oxide is not compatible with Rust++, please make sure this module is not installed.

If you have any problems please contact support.

Source http://billing.nitrous-networks.co.uk/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=64

They do not have much a knowledgebase so if the steps above do not work you may just want to contact them.