My name is Axel aka Lexa and I’m going to present you our team project (Access Community), we are a community of 2000 members based on the horror game “SCP:Secret Laboratory” and we hope to create our own game on S&Box, originally the game was planned to be created using the Unity game engine, when S&Box was announced on Source 2 we changed our way and now we are waiting for the keys or the release of the game, now I’m going to present you our gamemode called “Panic in the facility”.
(Note: The gameplay is inspired from SCP: Secret Laboratory but with our ideas and our own sauce).
First of all, there will be different maps or randomly generated maps (if S&Box offers this possibility), each one will have a different story and lore.
The maps will be based on destroyed research facilities following experiments that went wrong, they will have a post-apocalytptic style a bit like the game SOMA or even Blackmesa for the greatest possible immersion and stress at its maximum ahah.
The map will have at least 3 exits:
- 2 main
- 1 emergency exit
She will be distributed on 4 levels connected by stairs, elevators etc.
- Prison zone (where prisoners appear and try to escape and find equipment)
- Technical area (Water treatment plant, generators etc)
- Experimentation area (Test rooms - With lots of blood mouahah)
- Administrative area (Offices, main exits, security room)
PS: Some doors will require an access card
The game mode:
First of all I’ll mention the different classes and their spawn points:
- Prisoner | Prison zone
- Janitor | Administrative area
- Technician - Technical area
- Guard | Anywhere
- Guard Officer | Everywhere
- Special Unit Cadet | Outside
- Special Unit Lieutenant | Outside
- Special Unit Commander | Outside
Fake Special Units:
- Special Unit Cadet | Outside (Other spawn)
- Special Unit Lieutenant - Outside (Other spawn)
- Special Unit Commander - Outside (Other spawn)
- Scientist | Experimental Zone
- Containment Engineer | Administrative Area
- Chief of Security | Administrative Area
- Research Supervisor - Administrative Area
- Site director | Administrative area
- Secretary | Administrative Area
Monster types (AI or playable)
- Xen | Experimental zone
- Proxy | Technical area
- Flesher | Vents, Experimental zone
(Each monster will have its own abilities)
At the beginning of the round, the prisoners appear in the prison zone to find equipment (cards, weapons, objects, etc.). Their goal is to escape from the facility by any way possible, they can ally with the scientists who are in the same shit, but beware of the security who can put them back in their cell or put a bullet in their head, the scientists have to escape by all means while paying attention to the monsters which will not fail to eat the humans, the administrative staff is the most important, they have an important access to strategic zones of the installation which could well change the course of the sleeve. In case of difficulty, special units can come to the help the personnel on site, but always be wary, they could be imposters.
- Lexa (me): Level designer and sometimes C# developer on Unity (Mainly on SCP: Secret Laboratory)
- Mirai: Environment artist
- Naritaya: Professional Ruby & C# developer
- Yax: 3D Modeler
I will be happy to answer all your questions and suggestions in the comment section, hoping you like our project, all that has been mentioned above is subject to change.
Note: The map is not finished yet because i don’t own HL:Alyx so i can’t work properly without the game (ex: In Dota 2 WS Tool there is no ModelDoc tool)
Just below I’ll post some user interfaces from which we’ll get a lot of inspiration.
(Credits go to Feral Creative & Creative Assembly)
Thanks in advance