PC Optimisation

My PC specs more than meet the requirements for this game.

When I play it my PC almost gets to the point with over heating, no other game does this.

My pc is these exact specs:

http://www.ebuyer.com/667102-cyberpower-syber-vapor-i-gaming-desktop-pc-ecc01217

I try various different graphic settings and my pc goes crazy still.

Is there anyway I can my pc run this game better?

Sounds like the problem is with your hardware. Invest in better cooling systems?

It would help to know what exactly is over heating (cpu or gpu).

Rust is insanely memory hungry right now. There isn’t much you can do other than turning settings down to their most basic and waiting for a patch that addresses it better. The problem is that anytime they add something new there’s a chance it’ll break performance.

There is a command, I forget it now, that will turn off shadows. That helps me a lot. I would try that in addition to setting graphics low using F2.

Use the Nvidia Control Panel (Right click on Desktop> Click on “Nvidia Control Panel”), go to “Manage 3D Settings” under the “3D Settings” tab on the top right of the window.
Then click “Add Program”, select the exe file of Rust (which should be in “Program Files(x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\Rust\experimental”). In the Control Panel, make sure that the “2. Select the preferred graphics processor for this program:” and choose your NVIDIA GTX 750Ti.

Sometimes the rust launcher/game won’t pick up that you chose the better GPU rather than your integrated GPU(which I’m assuming you have, they’re pretty much on all Intel CPU computers).

You can also use the Nvidia Control Panel to set the settings more efficiently, or you can also opt to using Nvidia Inspector (after following the steps I posted above) to set more settings to better work with Rust. Try looking up “rust experimental Nvidia Inspector” and try out other people’s recommended settings to run the game smoothly.

Otherwise wait for more patches and such.