PCMod Release V1.0.1
Yes, the release is finally here![/release]
The idea started off when someone (not me) decided to make a PC entity which can be networked. This picked up alot of interest - people will remember the thread called ‘Computers in computers’. So the idea is his, not mine. He then said that he will not release anything due to various reasons. I decided to pick up the project. I worked from scratch, and out came PCMod Beta v1. From there, I released betas up to v13 - getting more and more stable, and gaining more and more features.
- Fully functional PCs, with programs and a start menu
- Network routers, and satellite modems
- Laptops, and wireless connections
- Pong minigame (apparently it’s hard)
- Servers that support WireMod, and chat rooms
- Speakers, and a music player program
- Different PC themes to choose from
- Standalone addon, doesn’t rely on any other addon to work.
- And much more!
Please read the file that happens to be called ‘readme’ for instructions on how to install. In fact, you must read it - or the addon will NOT work.
SVN (Now Fixed)
Create a folder called PCMod in your addons folder, right click on it, goto SVN Checkout and enter the url above.[/release]
- 15th November 2008 - (Release V1.0.1) FIX - Splitter not registering that the speakers are removed when they get removed. FIX - Sound still coming out of a removed speaker. ADD - Currently playing label on the MusicX program. FIX - 2 router bugs, in the form of typos. Networks should be more stable now. (Thanks to gmt2001 and Entuser!) ADD - Feature so that if a player with V13 downloaded into their folder joins, it gives a big warning in red text. FIX - Bunch of other bugs which I can't remember. - 1st November 2008 - (Release V1.0.0) ADD - Speaker entity. Emits any kind of sound you want. ADD - Splitter entity. Allows multiple speakers to be connected to 1 input. ADD - Speaker Linker toolmode. ADD - MusicX program. ADD - FileViewer program. (Installed by default). Currently does not show files or let you save any files, but this is planned feature. Does show folder structure though. CHANGE - Moved most entities across from SetNWVar library to my own beamvars library. CHANGE - Cleaned up all of the code. Now is easy to read and find functions. CHANGE - Moved toolmodes to a new tab. CHANGE - Moved sweps to a new tab. CHANGE - Rebuilt the server entity. Now much more stable, using serverapps. BUG - Sometimes no list appears on the Server Spawner toolmode. To fix this, type 'retry' in console. ADD - Icons for the sweps. ADD - Desktop icons. BUG - Clicking an icon with a program up will make the icons show infront of the program. How to get round it: Don't click icons with a program up. FIX - Letters show up better now when you open them. In PrinterSoft, use # to signify a new line. NOTE - To fix wires getting 'stuck' in walls, type 'rope_collision 0' in console.
Don’t add me to steam friends. Instead, PM me here on FP, or on fortfn, or join the PCMod development group and try to contact me over there. Don’t expect any response when I’m ingame.
GraffitiRTST - Speaker models
Jonney934 - Video
pdkm931 - Extra frame textures and beta tester
Computer22 - Testing Server
josh - Testing Server
Freakshow - Beta Tester
Bromvlieg - Beta Tester, Video
L337N008 - Laptop model reskin
<Unknown> - Laptop model (please PM me if you made the model)
TheLinxV3 - Install disk pack, System tray icons
Robotboy655 - Help with the STools
WireMod Team - Code for ghosted entity when aiming with toolgun
gmt2001 & Entuser - Help with bug in router entity
slayer3032 - High res images
Everyone - For their support and ideas
If you feel you belong on this list, please PM me.