People with a 5750, view this thread.

I want to know what kind of frame rate other people that play gmod with this video card are getting on standard flatgrass, no props.

Because I feel like I’m getting very low framerate for my card and cpu (4Ghz)

-dxlevel 90 in gmod start up in gmod set launch options

What?

Right click garrys mod on your steam games list, choose properties. Choose launch settings and enter -dxlevel 90

Why?

it’s already running at dxlevel 9.

if you have bad fps then it’s your graphics card or some client side addons.

Negatory, I have a 5750 which is able to run just cause 2 at 60 (vsync) at max, and crysis at 40-60(again vsync) at highed settings(no AA or AF)

Addons chew more fps than you think.

I have the 5770 and garrys mod runs as smooth as a sailors dick, can we know the rest of your specs please?

Sure.

Core 2 duo E7500 @ 4.0Ghz
5750 @ 800/1300
2GB corsair XMS3
Ga-EP43T-UD3L

Think that’s all, the drivers are all up to date.

Even with no addons I get relatively low rates for this card.

I have 2.3Ghz processor
1 GB Ram
some random graphics card, N ma pc is still da shizel :smiley:

I get 40-60 fps on flatgrass with this piece of crap:

Windows XP Professional
AMD Athlon 64
X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+
2.40 GHz
2,00 GB RAM
MSI K9MM-V
Geforce 7900 gs 512 MB DDR3.

Hey vexx, say your fps.

[Edit]: I also have to add, maxed out graphics.

[Edit2]: I wish for 100-200 fps + on flatgrass when I upgrade to this:

Windows 7
AMD Phenom II X4 Quad Core Processor
3.00 GHz
XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5

Sure, I’m getting about 200 frames on stock flatgrass with the essentials ( phx, wire, etc… )

I should be getting more then 600 because My friend has a 5770 and he gets 600+ on stock flatgrass.

[editline]04:07PM[/editline]

you will have about 2-3 time more then your wish with that.

I have a 5770 and I only get about 250 FPS. Your friend is probably lying. Anything above 75 FPS looks the same though, so it really doesn’t matter.

No, I saw it.

And please (not flaming here) stop with the fucking “eyes can’t see higher then xx” bullshit, eyes see in analog ( constant stream of light ) I can see the difference between 30 and 60, 60 and 75, and, 75 and 90, but that’s just me, some people are different and are fine with 30fps.

Here is why I strive on high fps.

sure 30 is playable, what if you spawn a plane… 15fps, okay, 60 fps?
goes down to 45-30, 120? Goes down to 50-60

Get it?

The more frames I have, the more leeway I have for intense stuff.

Do you have AA or AF on?

I have a 5770 and I get about 300fps, I thought that source was limited to a maximum of 300fps as it is anyway?

Only AF at 8x and AA at 2x, I didn’t even think about that, but that should only impact 20-40 frames max.

AF don’t have much impact on frames and 2x ain’t much, still, I’ll try with both off.

[editline]04:35PM[/editline]

fps_max 999 in console

Even so, unless he is playing at a low resolution I don’t see how he’s getting 600 fps, You are getting the right FPS for your system.

You could try overclocking it for more performance.