Performance Profiling

Will there be any profiling utilities built into the game it’s self, such as function call times, amount of times called etc?
edit aplogies if this has been already discussed, I’ve just not seen it anywhere.

5 Likes

We’ve got nothing like this at the moment, but I can definitely appreciate the value of having something built in.

It is possible to connect any .net profiler to profile though.

12 Likes

Thanks for the response, how could this be done on the server? as I expect access will be restricted for most shared hosts.

1 Like

Don’t use shared hosts :wink:

3 Likes

I personally wouldn’t, but let’s not assume the vast majority of server owners would have the capital and knowledge to use Dedicated/Virtual mahcines. And if I was to create content for a server I’d like to know if something is being a performance intensive.

2 Likes

Lets not assume we need to waste time designing something that would only be useful for the small minority of server owners who don’t have the capital to pay for already cheap dedicated servers.

1 Like

Ask server owners if they’re on Shared or Dedicated machines. If anything the Dedicated machine users are a minority.

1 Like

I still wouldn’t consider catering to a specific hosting method for profiling. If the game can profile itself and have a way to export the data somehow then shared hosts can figure out how to utilize that for their clients themselves

2 Likes

If the server owner doesn’t have knowledge to use a dedicated/virtualized machine, he also doesn’t have the knowledge to use profiling and monitoring tools

3 Likes