Physgun glow and beam not working

Hey guys,
So my phys gun’s beam and glow aren’t working and I’ve tried a few things already;
I’ve reinstalled GMod and have tried reskinning my physgun, but no cake.
I’ve also made sure that the draw beam option in the context menu was checked, so that’s out of the picture.

Please help.

bump

Hey, I have the same problem. I tried verifying the integrity of the game cache and disabling all addons but to no avail. The physgun works fine but has no beam and does not glow, regardless of whether or not the draw beam box is checked. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Judging from your picture and that you haven’t explicitly stated that you have tried changing the color of your weapon (in the context menu), I assume you have set the weapon color to pure black without knowing how it affects the physgun.

When you set your weapon color to black (a value of (0,0,0)) in the context menu -> player model -> colors menu, it will no longer show the physgun’s beam.

Whether or not this is intentional, just set your weapon color to some other value than absolute black (have not tested with values like (1,0,0)).

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

YES! That was it! I have no idea what changed the color of the beam, but it was at (0,0,0). Changing the values and then dying/respawning fixed it. Thank you Mista Tea!

That was it for me too! Thanks Mista Tea. My weapon color was set to (0,0,0). Can’t thank you enough.