Physgun model

To address the cartoon style. Imagine this, it will not fit various gamemodes (e.g. realistic ARMA-like military roleplay). And we want to have the most possibilities. The default physgun model should be most style-less (following gmod is a good practice because it’s tried and tested). But! More importantly, there should be an option for server admin/config to set the forced or default physgun model.

2 Likes

I would assume physgun was made at addon level, if the model doesn’t fit your style, just change it

1 Like

hope so, then if a dark rp clove ever got made for s&box, the admins instead of having a physgun when they pick you up and drag you away to an admin sit, they can just be pointing the middle finger at you the entire time instead

2 Likes
  1. I’m sure someone will make a DarkRP clone the second the game comes out to modders.
  2. Someone better start modeling a middle finger right now
3 Likes

I would absolutely love it if the physgun could be featured in a more minimalistic way to be displayable in any gamemode and keep immersion and sense of realism in-tact. I think it would warm everyone’s heart to revamp Half-Life 2’s physgun into a modern and sleek design as if it was created and manufactured by a company and not a crazy scientist. The HL:2 physgun is a conglomerate of spare parts, I think the physgun in S&Box should be more “civilized” in a sense. If I have time maybe I could provide concept art.

2 Likes

I can imagine the front lens thing getting closer to the base of the gun, twisting the fishing pole in the process depending on how heavy the object being carried is. Someone should definitely try to kitbash something based on these concept art pieces! Very nice job!

1 Like

So after speaking with a few members of the facepunch discord, it seems that facepunch has a few different physgun models already in the works. So I have decided to leave that to them. instead i’ll be making a few gun packs for anyone to use with S&box. I’ll be making a thread shortly to see what kind of weapons the community would like.

You shouldn’t quit making the physgun, Garry said something about maybe making it an option for the player, so more of those is always a plus

1 Like

Well I will continue it to completion as I always do, whether I just upload it to the workshop later or attempt to show it to Garry or his team is another option that I’ll run into later. But for now I think it would be nice for everyone to have weapons to use other then the rust assets. Not that there is anything wrong with them they just fit a different theme that may look out of place in certain gamemodes. But I thank you for your encouragement.

1 Like

Looks cool af man :heart:, love the fun art style and the way it feels like there’s this type of energy in the little light bulb or glass