Pissing off NPCs

Alright, before you reply, I have to mention there are special circumstances:

I made a part of a map for RnL mod about year ago, where I made it so bird NPCs can attack players. Unfortunately, they always start dormant, and you have to shoot them before they attack you. They are very simplified NPCs, and aggravating them via trigger does not work. I have tried it.

Now, I came here mainly to ask, is there any way to make it so a damage trigger “re-routes” damage from the player? I mean, is it possible to make the birds think that the damage from a trigger, actually came from the player, so they’ll attack him?

I’ve seen in some maps for multiplayer source games, there will be certain prefabs or traps, that upon activated, they’ll kill someone, and the player who activated it gets the kill for it. I’m trying to do something similar to that, but purely to enrage some crow NPCs.

Hmmm. . . Sounds. . . Interesting. . .

. . . Will have to. . . Check this. . . Out. . .

Try setting the ai_relationship to hate

uhm, i dont know anything about this, but my friend does. If i understood it right, ai_relationship just works in EP2. Like i said, im not sure about this and please tell me if im wrong.

ai_relationship works in all of the Half Life 2 games, they used it during the pre teleport stadium, after that they are set to hate the player:downs:

And anyways… gmod runs on ep2 engine

I’ve already used ai_relationship. They are already set to hate, and that’s why they attack you when you shoot them.

I’m saying that they start out as “dormant” as in, they do nothing until you shoot them. I’m essentially trying to replicate the effect of shooting them, but on a scale of 300 birds, and activated by a trigger.

BUT, a basic trigger_hurt doesn’t work, the bird needs to know the damage came from the player.

Also, this is not for gmod, this is for RnL mod (current released version is on ep1, and ai_relationship works in ep1).

Here’s basically what I have so far:

[hd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I48AZFyY34c&hd=1[/hd]

Doesn’t work so great because I didn’t make enough nodes, but you get the idea.

put them in a squad!

is that possible? o.o

If so, that’d be really useful if you told me how.

Maybe add a square around bird, when someone shoots it bird gets aggressive, kinda like a noclipping, invisible hitbox, ofcourse bullets go trough it, just when shot it triggers and makes NPC angreh!

Doesn’t work. It needs to be direct damage from the player.

there should be a keyvalue named “squad name”

Thanks, Ill give it a try tomorrow.