Please Help Garry's Mod Dedicated Server Error, "Please Update and restart" Using Hldsupdate tool

I have tried every command, I’ve tried redownloading it to a different directory, I’ve tried the “Verify_all” and the “autoupdate” I have tried everything that I could find out here. Its not like I’m just asking here because I’m too lazy to go look myself, I looked everywhere. I also saw something about using SteamCMD, I downloaded it and when I ran the program it opens for a second and immediately closes. I just want a straight freaking answer please!

Thank you,
Senior

You’re supposed to use the new SteamPipe method, since Garry’s Mod switched in the last update.

You can read more about it here.

When I try to “login anonymous” it asks me for a password, So I just logged in with my own steam account and it worked just fine. I just wana know if I downloaded the wrong files and if so how do I fix the “4020” and if I’m doing this correct how do I start my server?

Alright I fixed my steamcmd and I downloaded the garry’s mod files. For some reason I don’t have a SRCDS.exe I used the command “app_update 4000 validate” for some reason “app_update 4020 validate”
Just gives me "Error, Failed to install app “4020” (No subscription). So I found the garrys mod code 4000 on https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Steam_Application_IDs Am I doing something wrong? Basically All I need to know now is how the fuck do I start the server? Thank you for your help!

To download app 4020, you must log on anonymously. You probably just spelled anonymous wrong if its asking for a password.

BTW, To start/connect to your server…

Start - Create the start.bat file that most servers use for dedicated servers

Connect - When you get into the console for the server, you should see something like

“Public IP is :____”

If not, just look in one of the gamemode sections, your server should pop up in there.

when i start my server after it is done starting it says “:heart:MasterRequestRestart you server is out of date. please update and restart” i did “app_update 4020 validate” in steam cmd and it still comes up in the console

> login anonymous
> force_install_dir <Wherever server is located>
> app_update 4020 validate