Please help me fix this...

[ERROR] gamemodes/stronghold/entities/effects/impactdust/init.lua:107: Tried to use invalid object (type CLuaEmitter) (Object was NULL or not of the right type)

1. Add - [C]:-1
  2. unknown - gamemodes/stronghold/entities/effects/impactdust/init.lua:107

Timer Failed! [Simple][@gamemodes/stronghold/entities/effects/impactdust/init.lua (line 104)]

[ERROR] gamemodes/stronghold/entities/effects/impactdust/init.lua:125: Tried to use invalid object (type CLuaEmitter) (Object was NULL or not of the right type)

2. unknown - gamemodes/stronghold/entities/effects/impactdust/init.lua:125

Timer Failed! [Simple][@gamemodes/stronghold/entities/effects/impactdust/init.lua (line 122)]

[ERROR] gamemodes/stronghold/entities/effects/impactdust/init.lua:107: Tried to use invalid object (type CLuaEmitter) (Object was NULL or not of the right type)

Timer Failed! [Simple][@gamemodes/stronghold/entities/effects/impactdust/init.lua (line 104)]

[ERROR] gamemodes/stronghold/entities/effects/impactdust/init.lua:125: Tried to use invalid object (type CLuaEmitter) (Object was NULL or not of the right type)

Timer Failed! [Simple][@gamemodes/stronghold/entities/effects/impactdust/init.lua (line 122)]
austin killed |RFG| Nascar using weapon_sh_mp5a4

Couldn’t find surface in GetColorForSurface()

[ERROR] gamemodes/stronghold/entities/effects/explosion_dust/init.lua:68: Tried to use invalid object (type CLuaEmitter) (Object was NULL or not of the right type)

2. unknown - gamemodes/stronghold/entities/effects/explosion_dust/init.lua:68

austin killed |RFG| Nascar using weapon_sh_mp5a4

Out dated timer probably,

Post the timer.Simple on line 122, and the code on line 125 in [noparse]

[/noparse]

[editline]4th May 2014[/editline]

Although it could be out of date, timers can fail from other things.

I assume it’s out of date, because he wouldn’t have made it, which means he got it from somewhere, and allot of people post outdated stuff on workshop or allot of people download from garrysmod.org

If your emitter / particle uses a collision callback, and you call finish on the emitter; then the emitter will no longer be set. You need to have a valid emitter each time, and in each callback.

You think any of you guys could add me on steam and please fix it for me steam id is panzer123ns Thanks alot

That defeats the purpose of the thread; just post the code I asked for earlier here.

Can you give us more information about the problem such as game-mode name “stronghold?”, where you got it from, the effect file that has the error, and where it may have been called from, etc?

It should be a simple fix.

hmmmm I’ll try getting what you guys are asking for :slight_smile:

http://pastebin.com/jA8dLPeK Heres the code

I responded in chat with:

do local emitter = ParticleEmitter( Pos ); in each of the timers right before its called. If Finish is called, it’ll no longer be active, which is why it needs to be defined in the timer.

Call emitter:Finish( ) at the end of each timer you add it to.

Essentially this: http://pastebin.com/76eXRkPy

I corrected the tabbing, it was all over the place; also notice for the two timers, I added the emitter and a finish, outside of the loop to prevent calling too many times, and the other emitter will end as normal because of scope; the first emitter is in the main function scope and deeper; but since finish is called before the timers are run, they needed to be re-defined.

Dude thanks alot its all good now I love you :slight_smile:

Would you be interested to code/fix a gamemode for me and I’ll pay you