Please keep/add the default builder props

As a person that plays a lot of darkrp, you use base building a lot and for building bases the default builder props are the most useful in the game, the big plastic planes and stuff.
i imagine this is being easily overlooked since it isnt exactly essential to keep but please add it to the game

I had heard that the game would have props from Rust and Gmod.

1 Like

Since S&Box will come with a sandbox gamemode, I would say basic building blocks is definitely essential to it in every way and will definitely come with the game.

Something else that you might wanna look into is Procedural Geometry (a.k.a editing the actual map in real time to create your base instead of building it with props)

However, in a similar topic, garry mentioned:

Procedural Geometry works better than props to create/modify buildings, since you don’t have to deal with 1000 slightly differently sized basic props, you just extend geometry until where you want it to be.

3 Likes

The times of having addons which are just prop packs of different sized squares will be in the past. Tools where you can just make any arbitrary sized shapes are the future. Who knows, someone might make a full CSG tool.

Just equip the square tool, click one corner, click another and bam, you’ve got a wall. No more nocolliding a prop and spending the next few minutes trying to get all corners to align and not stick outside your base!

4 Likes

I don’t know about that. But I’ve definitely been thinking about how viable it is to make importers for some common parametric modeling CAD software formats like .sldprt from SolidWorks.

Having that as an option for streaming in geometry will be amazing for technical builds.

3 Likes

I think a simple prop/collision resizer would do the trick. but having a lot of preset sizes (e.g. 1x2, 2x2, 4x4, 16x16) gives the mind peace and is good for people who don’t even know how to start on trying to scale a 1x1 cube. We have to think with a mind of someone who plays this game for the first time, and not a professional with years of 3d studio experience.

1 Like

Holy shit that would be a dream, having a default tool for prop resizer would mean not needing to have 100 different phx props of 1x2,1x3,1x4,1x5…

Of course, many build servers had the prop resizer addon so if you made a dupe with that tool you could use it on those servers either way.

4 Likes

This is incredible!
Good. You can create props of absolutely any shape.
Is it possible to tie it to the world? Make it static and untouchable? It will also be nice to merge the texture of the world with the props into a single whole. It will look as if your building was created with the map itself.

1 Like