Please let us disable the chat box.

As a small, part time Youtuber I’ve been making one or two Rust videos which have received a lot of positive interest. A lot of people asking what the game is etc, how to get keys and what the mechanics are like.

Well today I’ve been trying to record a small tutorial of how to build a glitch proof house but all the footage I have is wasted. Why? Because the chat has been full of bigotry, racism and sectarianism for the past hour or so. I don’t want to use footage where the bottom left of the video is being spammed by racists.

Can we have the option to disable the chat box please and the events such as wood gathering getting a chat box of their own? Would really appreciate it.

only thing you could do now really is to just paste something over the chat or blur it in post.

I use Windows Movie Maker. Only professionals use it! :downs:

try obs and create a layer for it.

can you not remove chat from the inventory menu by clicking chat i know it works with other ingame windows

sorry for your hardships :v:

Clicking on chat is the equivelant of hitting enter. All it does is opens up the chat bar for you to type.

Dude start to use some more advanced software like sony vegas.Srsly u cannot mask the chat with some image? So maybe render the movie only 360 so no one will use fulscreen and see the chat nicely

Sony Vegas is annoying to use and it keeps crashing on me. imo Windows Movie Maker is good enough.

Love Windows Movie Maker.

I empathize with you, but you have to know that this is the funniest fucking thread I’ve ever read. It’s so true

[editline]24th June 2013[/editline]

N word, J words, god I know exactly what you mean I am laughing my ass off. What is with those guys

maybe this is why you shouldnt kos

it’s true though, this game needs an ignore or mute function badly.

You should had taken some screencaps, or turned your YouTube video into a short comedic film about a man trying to make a tutorial but dealing with lots of bulgar,racist, over the top offensive public chat. :smiley:

I currently have a bad computer and will for then ext few weeks andi have to play on 800x600 and the chat is in the dead center of my screen… Chat needs to be able to be disabled

[editline]27th December 2013[/editline]

I currently have a bad computer and will for then ext few weeks and i have to play on 800x600 and the chat is in the dead center of my screen… Chat needs to be able to be disabled

Welcome to the fucking internet. Grow some balls.

You disable can chat. Hit F1(fn+f1 if on a mac) and there is an option to disable chat in the top right corner.

Quality response, 10/10.

OT: You can disable the chat now by pressing F1 and clicking the chat icon in the top right-ish area.

On IGNs video, they disabled/enabled chat… Hmmm… You guys sure it can’t be disabled?

Never mind, Harsh already posted the way