Please Respect Your Server Owners (Unless They Totally Suck lol)

Hey guys! From a server owner who has about 1000 unique logins per week and who’s website see’s about 5000-8000 hits per month I have one simple request. Please try to be a little more respectful and thankful for the dudes who run the servers you’re on. We don’t get paid to do it (most of the time, at least I don’t), all our costs come out of pocket, and we’re just trying to provide a good place to play. Sure there are exceptions to the rules and I get it, but calling an owner/admins “raging fggots" or telling them "you should fck off and die” because we had to wipe due to a dupe bug sucks. We didn’t cause the bug and it’s alpha so bugs happen, it’s no ones fault and everyone lost stuff not just you. So as a request from server owners abroad, we’re people just like you so please try to avoid wish death on my family because you lost some time in a game due a wipe.

Thanks,

AT

Fck off and die you raging fggot.

Just kidding.

I agree… but not just for server admins. People seem to think that it’s okay to talk like that because it’s the internet, or because it’s a game, or whatever.

Don’t sweat it. I had a few newer players (been on my server for only a few days, far as I can tell) ragequit after I wiped my servers. Their tears were complete with the usual string of obscenities and “this server sux anyway amirite”. It’s okay - you didn’t want those players anyway, believe me.

You have to understand that the vast majority of Rust players don’t read these forums and aren’t aware that there was a major exploit in the wild. Who knows how much of that C4 was stashed away in a well-hidden base somewhere? Do they really want to play on a server where someone might be running around with 5000 C4 for another two weeks? Of course not. But instead of asking around or keeping current with the game, they’ve chosen to be whiny crybabies. I guarantee you, these are the players who will throw a full-on temper tantrum the moment they get shot / get raided / forget where their base is / can’t tell what time it is / etc.

Let them go and enjoy the remaining players.

this made me laugh.

“AND ANOTHER THING!! WHAT MEAN WHEN THE LITTLE HAND IS ON THE 2 AND THE BIG ONE ON THE 12!!! ADMIN ABUSE!!!”