Pointshop Custom Models, Pleed for guide!

So I recently decided to add _Undefined’s Pointshop to the server I work on, and I’m having an extreme amount of trouble getting custom models for the player to work.

I’m trying to use just one of the models from this pack http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=88171

I cannot get it to load no matter how I try. Always appears as error. Resources can be added correctly, good folders, nothing.

What I would love, and I’m sure many more would love, is possibly a guide to adding in custom models to pointshop, as no searches have come across anything helpful.
Even if not with that specific model, just any in general would be helpful.

It is easier than it looks. All you’re doing to configure it for the pointshop is changing a single line.

Create model.lua in addons/pointshop-master/lua/items/playermodels/

[lua]ITEM.Name = ‘Gman’
ITEM.Price = 1337
ITEM.Model = ‘models/player/gman.mdl’

function ITEM:OnEquip(ply, modifications)
if not ply._OldModel then
ply._OldModel = ply:GetModel()
end

timer.Simple(1, function() ply:SetModel(self.Model) end)

end

function ITEM:OnHolster(ply)
if ply._OldModel then
ply:SetModel(ply._OldModel)
end
end[/lua], if your model was a GMan, and you wanted it to be 1337 points.

That didn’t help at all. As I said, I knew how to do that. The model is still not working.

I am trying to figure this out as well, I was recently told, for the alyx model, that the /player directory part was not needed, and it worked!
So what if we add the custom models to the /models directory, and deny them having their personal folders inside /models ?
e.g.
/models/humans/fem_admin/femadmin_02.mdl ->
/model/femadmin_02.mdl

this is one I am working on.

So basically you have the model in point shop but is an error ?

IF it’s an error, then you aren’t setting up the paths correctly. It means the .mdl isn’t being downloaded. Another reason could be that the model wasn’t setup correctly in compilation. Try a different one, see if it works.

Ok, makes sence, I was just hoping you might have an idea why that specific one isn’t working. There are so many files outside of the .mdl that I think that’s where is getting messed up. Is the MDL the ONLY thing I should need to get it to work?

How I said, if you see it an error, maybe you didn’t add the content in gmod and it didn’t download it. So make sure the models is installed on the server and on gmod.

Got it, I guess my thing I’m really asking for is someone to show how I’m so supposed to all those files in. There’s always like 15 more than just the .mdl so if anyone knew how to add all those in correctly, or maybe could demonstrate with a specific model, that would be a huge help for me and lots of people on here.

[editline]7th February 2013[/editline]

FIXED

Although for some of the models there were just too many files in the back for my to be able to pick out the correct ones, the biggest issue was having files with capital letters and spaces, something I missed on the Pointshop thread. I was finally able to get one custom model working so I’ll keep trying but I’ll post back in here if I have any more problems.