PointShop & FastDL isn't working for custom models

Hello,

I recently got a new server for TTT and wanted to get some custom models in my server using Point Shop. However, the models appear as big red X’s.

My server.cfg has the following code:

sv_downloadurl "http://empyreanshield.site.nfoservers.com/"
sv_allowupload 1
sv_allowdownload 1
net_maxfilesize 64

Also, my FastDL path contains the models, materials and in the FastDL directory of “lua/autorun” containing the .lua file:

if (SERVER) then
player_manager.AddValidModel( "DeadpoolClassicPlayer", "models/apocmodels/Deadpool/deadpoolclassicplayer.mdl" )
player_manager.AddValidHands( "DeadpoolClassicPlayer", "models/weapons/c_arms_dpclassic.mdl", 0, "00000000" )
AddCSLuaFile("Deadpool.lua" )
end

list.Set( "PlayerOptionsModel", "DeadpoolClassicPlayer", "models/apocmodels/Deadpool/deadpoolclassicplayer.mdl" )

if (SERVER) then
  resource.AddFile( "models/weapons/c_arms_deadpool.mdl" )
  resource.AddFile( "models/weapons/c_arms_dpclassic.mdl" )
  resource.AddFile( "models/weapons/c_arms_dpult.mdl" )
  resource.AddFile( "models/apocmodels/deadpool/deadpoolclassicplayer.mdl" )
  resource.AddFile( "models/apocmodels/deadpool/deadpoolclassicplayeredited.mdl" )
  resource.AddFile( "models/apocmodels/deadpool/deadpoolultimateplayer.mdl" )
  resource.AddFile( "models/apocmodels/deadpool/dyadyapoolya36.mdl" )
  resource.AddFile( "materials/models/apocmodels/deadpool/exponent.vtf" )
  resource.AddFile( "materials/models/apocmodels/deadpool/deadpool/deadpoolclassic_body_color.vmt" )
  resource.AddFile( "materials/models/apocmodels/deadpool/deadpool/deadpoolclassic_body_color.vtf" )
  resource.AddFile( "materials/models/apocmodels/deadpool/deadpool/deadpoolclassic_body_norm.vtf" )
  resource.AddFile( "materials/models/apocmodels/deadpool/deadpool/deadpoolclassic_misc_color.vmt" )
  resource.AddFile( "materials/models/apocmodels/deadpool/deadpool/deadpoolclassic_misc_color.vtf" )
  resource.AddFile( "materials/models/apocmodels/deadpool/deadpool/deadpoolclassic_misc_norm.vtf" )
  resource.AddFile( "materials/models/apocmodels/deadpool/deadpool/deadpoolultimate_body_color.vmt" )
  resource.AddFile( "materials/models/apocmodels/deadpool/deadpool/deadpoolultimate_body_color.vtf" )
  resource.AddFile( "materials/models/apocmodels/deadpool/deadpool/deadpoolultimate_body_norm.vtf" )
  resource.AddFile( "materials/models/apocmodels/deadpool/deadpool/deadpoolultimate_misc_color.vmt" )
  resource.AddFile( "materials/models/apocmodels/deadpool/deadpool/deadpoolultimate_misc_color.vtf" )
  resource.AddFile( "materials/models/apocmodels/deadpool/deadpool/deadpoolultimate_misc_norm.vtf" )
  resource.AddFile( "materials/models/apocmodels/deadpool/deadpool/deadpool_body_color.vmt" )
  resource.AddFile( "materials/models/apocmodels/deadpool/deadpool/deadpool_body_color.vtf" )
  resource.AddFile( "materials/models/apocmodels/deadpool/deadpool/deadpool_body_norm.vtf" )
  resource.AddFile( "materials/models/apocmodels/deadpool/deadpool/deadpool_misc_color.vmt" )
  resource.AddFile( "materials/models/apocmodels/deadpool/deadpool/deadpool_misc_color.vtf" )
  resource.AddFile( "materials/models/apocmodels/deadpool/deadpool/deadpool_misc_exp2.vtf" )
  resource.AddFile( "materials/models/apocmodels/deadpool/deadpool/deadpool_misc_norm.vtf" )
end

However, when I join the server, it doesn’t make me download anything and the Point Shop, the model shows up as a big error.

Any assistance would be awesome. Not sure what step i’m missing.

1. Delete everything above your second if (SERVER) then in your lua file; it’s useless and not needed for Pointshop models.
  2. Set sv_allowdownload and upload to 0.
  3. Everything on your FastDL server has to be in BZIP’s (.bz2 format). Also, you don’t need lua files on your FastDL server.

How should it look with the .bz2 format on the FastDL server?

Like right now I have it models/apocmodels/etc/etc/etc/FilesHere
Should it be a zipped archive of apocmodels in the /models/ folder?

Each file should be zipped into .bz2’s, not folders.

Use this: http://tjservers.org/files/bzip.zip
The batch has been modified by me so it recursively zipps every file in every directory, so simply put your entire FastDL folder into the “compress” folder and launch the bzip.bat (NOT the .exe, it does nothing without the parameters the batch feeds it with).