I’ve been working on a map which re-creates the 2D Pokemon world in 3D. Partially inspired by Catman’s gm_azalea map, my map gm_pkmn_pallet_town aims to eventually include the entire Kanto region, starting with Pallet Town.
The map was available on Toybox for a couple days with just Pallet Town, but I have taken it down so I can upload an updated version. I’ve got a bit of a problem with managing files on Toybox, so Garry is going to look into it on Monday, and then I’ll upload the updated version.
- Graphics from Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal
- Music from Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow
- Music changes when you enter a new area
- Water for you to “surf” in
- Ledges prevent you from walking up them but you can jump down them (just like in the games)
- Pallet Town
- Route 1 (North from Pallet Town, to Viridian City)
- Route 21 (Water) (South from Pallet Town, to Cinnabar Island)
- Under Construction: Cinnabar Island
- Next Location: Viridian City
Screenshots - Click for larger size. Some screenshots taken in Hammer.
NPCs/entities shown for demonstration purposes - they are not part of the map.
Diglett entity by Aska, model by Fluxmage, not included with map.
gm_pkmn_pallet_town will be available on Toybox later this week. I’ll put a link here.
This map belongs to Darth Tealc (me). Pokemon, materials, music, original maps, and other related content belongs to Nintendo, Game Freak, and Creatures Inc.
If you have any suggestions/feedback/questions/etc, feel free to post them here.